A what’s it worth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A what’s it worth question

Buddy of mine is looking at a 1971 airport security/parade bike (essentially police type bike) 4000 original kilometres really nice condition asking price is 15,000 Canadian or 11,800 US think it’s worth it?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Just according if you are buying or selling lol. IDK, 4000 klicks seem really low miles.

Comment

No, we are going to look at it and probably buy it tomorrow morning. I am assuming it has typical police “idle” time rather than real mileage. Probably didn’t even get out on the road much being an airport security bike.

Craig

Comment

Well deal is done! Shovel is coming to a new home...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dablaze View Post
          Well deal is done! Shovel is coming to a new home...
          Congratulations! Looks like a real nice motorcycle.

Comment

I know I’m recycling my own old post, but after my buddy bought it and then couldn’t go down to the US to AMCA meets due to a 52 yr old criminal conviction, this bike ended up with me. Scored 98 points in its first showing at Oley this past weekend for a Junior first. Need to source an original top section windshield and an original clutch cable.

Comment

I saw your bike at Oley this weekend, real looker!. I happened to score a top section there for my 1970, it was on a banged up frame with busted lower, but the top was the real deal. Then I was going to walk away from it and the guy didn't want to take it home, forced me to buy it cheap. But I need it as well, I guess the just trying to tell you they are out there. Congrats on the Junior.

Comment

Arch, thanks for the compliment! Yeah, you gotta love those deals where the seller honestly doesn’t want it. When I’m selling I often end up saying “how about free?” When asked how much, lol.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X