6 Volt Electronic Voltage Regulator for 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Volt Electronic Voltage Regulator for 64

Doing some searching but not coming up with what I'm looking for. Indian guy new to HD. Have a 64 Duo Glide and am looking for a 6 volt electronic regulator I can hide under the original Delco regulator cover. Or maybe someone makes a complete plug and play unit, base and cover included that mimics the original in outward appearance?

Also am I correct that the generator on the 64 is a 2 brush, not 3?
    Thanks
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Yes, that should be a 2 brush on your '64
    I sent you a PM regarding a source for a regulator.
    I'm not sure the guy wants his contact info posted anywhere.

Comment

Hi, send me an email to schorsch.lutzenberger att t-online.de and I'll give you all the information and contact in USA for a great embadded regulator solution (integrated into your
      original electro-mechanical regulator chassis) ... George

Comment

Originally posted by Schorsch View Post
        Hi, send me an email to schorsch.lutzenberger att t-online.de and I'll give you all the information and contact in USA for a great embadded regulator solution (integrated into your
        original electro-mechanical regulator chassis) ... George
        Jason, I used the source George is recommending and couldn't be happier. Very good product, excellent quick service, and communication way up and above expected. You won't be disappointed. 6v or 12v in any regulator housing you choose.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thanks guys - Going through various other general maintenance and inspection to get bike reliable and on the road. The original charging system is working for now so will move this project down on priority list a bit. Fork springs and seals are next up.

George - I cut and pasted your above email into my browser and it does not recognize it as a good format? Can you send me a private message through the forum with the info?
          Jason Zerbini

Comment

Follow-up. Got the regulator from above source....who as stated doesn't want name publicized. Super fast and friendly service. Time will tell as far as reliability but so far in my opinion this unit is superior to the Vtronic which doesn't fit the square Delco base anyway. Simple install gutting my mechanical regulator and mounting it. Fit the 2.5" square base with room to spare. Output is adjustable so it can be tailored to the type of battery being used. Its potted in so very resistant to vibration or moisture. I installed a Shorai BS06 so set output at 7.1/7.2 volt. The output is very consistent with varying RPM and load.
            Attached Files
            Jason Zerbini

Comment

Hi Skirted, my email is: schorsch.lutzenberger@t-online.de
              George
              foto: shows my regulator unit, installed into a Delco 752 3-post replica-chassis, this regulator can be installed into any original cut-out relay or e-mechanical regulator chassis...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi all, here an overview of some original Harley cut-out relay chassis (2-post,3-post) and e-mechanical regulator chassis, which are prepared
                for integrate my electronic regulator in 6 Volt (blue) or 12 Volt (red) as an embedded solution. Also using the original covers!
                The regulator is developed to handle high generator power output (up to 150Watt), e.g. a fan cooled police generator 32E2R is no problem.
                By the way , Indian 346/348 Autolite generators we can supply too, George
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi all
                  I just ran across this thread and am interested. what is the price and availability?
                  Thank you

Comment

Hi t-jacobs - PM sent
                    Jason Zerbini

Comment

Working...
                    X