Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead brake / clutch coated levers

Hi,
    These levers were on my 1957 FLH when I bought it in the early 1980's. They have a thick red coating like what's on new channel locks and other pliers. Were these offered thru HD or the early aftermarket? I suppose they could have been hand dipped into a liquid coating by a past owner but the coating is pretty thick and even.

Steve Slaminko

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I was wondering the same thing. I have a similar lever in a box of parts I just went through. Mine is more of a green-gray. It looks like the same dip length as yours.
    I also recall seeing a ball end version, I wonder if these are from an accessory company?
    Ralph

Comment

I do not know the answer but I always assumed that they came on competition type bikes. Maybe some Aermacchi models and CH Sportster.

Jerry

Originally posted by slamiste View Post
      Hi,
      These levers were on my 1957 FLH when I bought it in the early 1980's. They have a thick red coating like what's on new channel locks and other pliers. Were these offered thru HD or the early aftermarket? I suppose they could have been hand dipped into a liquid coating by a past owner but the coating is pretty thick and even.

Steve Slaminko

Comment

H-D didn't make a coated lever (they did make ball end). The Aermacchi stuff is quite different and CHs used normal levers. If I recall they are in the Beck catalogs. Possibly Flanders also, but not H-D. I think I still have a couple black ones around here.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X