Tranny drive sprocket seal fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny drive sprocket seal fix

Hi, new to this forum. I have a 47 WL that for quite awhile I was thinking of how to keep so much oil leaking onto the exhaust pipe from the output shaft of the tranny. The leather seal does'nt seal all that good. I found a way to keep about 90-95% of it from getting on the pipes. Great when your doing a show because by the time I would drive about 15 miles to a bike show I would have baked on oil to clean off and it's almost impossible to clean off. Now when I get there I only have a few pinhead spots to wipe off. This will help with the back wheel also from so much oil on the chain flinging off. I take an O ring measuring 1-3/4" OD, 1-1/2" ID, 1/8 thick and slip it under the leather gasket. It will wear and will need replacing every few thousand miles but that is peanuts compared to all the cleaning and it keeps the bike looking nice longer. Simple but incredibly effective.
    Try it, you'll like it.
    Great forum for 45's. Thanks everyone.
    Dan

Great Idea

I read your post and my 45 suffers from the same problem, baked on oil from the sporcket seal. It seems a real bad idea the way the stock setup is with the seal pressed into the drive sprocket. I will try your idea when the warm weather get here.

Ron Papasso

Comment

Working...
    X