X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Forum Search Utilities - Tags

AMCA Forum Search Utilities - Tags

Okay so lets talk about tags. I use tags with a string when I am doing a project or build on my bike so I can remember what goes where and any other memory joggers. But that’s not the kind of tag we are referring to here. So lets first look at a definition. Here is tags as defined in Wikipedia.

“In information systems, a tag is a keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an Internet bookmark, digital image, database record, or computer file). Tag is something that helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. Tags are generally chosen informally and personally by the item's creator or by its viewer, depending on the system, although they may also be chosen from a controlled vocabulary.”

Tags can be useful tools when searching the forum. In the AMCA forum tags are entered at the bottom of each thread and can be entered by anyone. The tags should be somewhat specific about the issue, maybe one word or a couple of words.

Here is a quick picture of some tags for a thread - Click to enlarge image.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 5.18.37 PM.png

The top part of the picture below shows a few tags added for a thread on magnetos, amongst other things. Clicking on any of the tags takes you to other threads that have had the same tag added.

If you click on the link for View Tag Cloud, you will see an image such as the bottom part of the image below. This shows you the 70 most popular tags and also provides the ability to search the tag cloud for all tags.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 5.29.56 PM.jpg

Here is a list of the most popular tags today.

[#motorcycle 36 rl 45 shift drum 1920's 1929 1930's 1932 1950 1951 ads automated driving systems badges battery ground bosch cam gear cannonball run 2018 cb750 chief comments compression test dispatch tow drain lever catch drain valve electric starters emblems exhaust cam factory frame g model harley harley davidson harley davidson jd harley wr indian indian racer kicker long tank magneto manifold manifold nuts michigan modern headlight oil pump drive cam panhead panhead shovelhead pedal police pre unit racer rake restored riverside rubber rust scout search servi shifter timming wla sidecar sold spam spotlights superx thor trades triumph t5 troxel saddles wet sump wla wldr]

You can click on an individual word or phrase or use the search box.
    You can add your own tags, please use some of the words/phrases as an example. Adding a "the" or "and" really won't have any benefit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ihrescue; 09-20-2018, 04:42 PM. Reason: Work in progress
Working...
X