Vintage Parts Website Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Parts Website Question

Does anyone know why this website does not respond when you use the link to contact?
    Does anyone know how to correctly register to use the site?
    Here's the link: http://www.2040-parts.com/Motorcycle...tage-Historic/

-JR

I just clicked on it and it came up.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Looks like it's one of those websites that scours the internet for original listings that it can put on its own website, pretty sure it's all automated web crawler things on their site from Ebay and other sites. There may not be anybody home....just a bunch of 1's and 0's! (...they make money by displaying ads...and maybe even checking out your browsing history and selling your information to companies wanting to sell you more stuff!)

Google "2040parts scam" and see some interesting reviews. And then if you click on the area of the site to actually list something for sale you'll see some computer code with Russian alphabet characters ...
      Last edited by pisten-bully; 01-24-2021, 02:31 PM.
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

That's what I thought. I was on there recently and the initial language said, "Maltese." Never heard of that before.
        Anyway, thanks for the information. That makes sense now. Prices on this site are way below average for vintage parts. Now I see why.

Thanks again.
        -JR

Comment

Working...
        X