Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control....and compliance. The slow road to utopia, right?.....( unfortunately, I'm not talking hope and crosby)

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefTwoKicks View Post
      OK Mike... you might ban this response, but here goes...

Interesting article Steve... it's not too far fetched an idea. Motorcycles and their future demise are only a small part of an overall concept to re-configure the world, as we know it. I'm sure there are enough left leaning liberal activists who would like to "put another arrow in the quiver" of the political agenda known as "Agenda 21". Also, "Agenda 30", and more.
      World leaders meet annually in Geneva Switzerland, to develop new progressive agendas to create a NWO (new world order). A very sophisticated long term plan for our planets future.

Although our rather small group of motorcycle devotees has a voice, it seems like a whisper in comparison to the screaming cries from the ultra-motivated progressive left. Provocative talking point phrases, environmental causes, safety and health, and more, as justification, mostly without any solid supporting scientific data, are being sent out in an assault style attack
      throughout major media outlets, around the world. Various political concerns, such as the UN, WHO, NATO, and other powerful groups are hard at work, following agenda guidelines.

We've heard it all before, in almost every way, shape and form. Its relentless. The propaganda is formulated with calculated precision. We've even banned from using incandescent light bulbs, in the name of saving energy !! Yet, the neon billboards and bright lights of Las Vegas burn as bright as ever. Out here in California, the various politicians have closed huge areas of the Pacific Ocean to the sport fishing industry, while the long-line trawlers from the Asian fleet goes unchecked raping the waters hauling anything that swims in their mile long nets.
      So it true, even the slightest thought of banning motorcycles is a real threat. I'm sure we have all heard about the various banning of gas powered lawnmowers in many areas.

This assault on our way of life is very real. It comes at us in incremental waves, so as not to "ruffle the feathers" of the population. Most people pay little attention, casting off the ideology as folly, or just another crazy ill-conceived idea. Yet, as with the other crazy ideas, they keep coming... as a tidal wave of change. Our social integrity has changed with the passing of time. Of course, we call it progress. Really? I call it more regulations and worldwide oppression to achieve political advantage and power.

Most readers of this forum are "old school", proudly "stuck in a rut", with the 35 yr and older rule. The rest of the motorcycle world considers us as dinosaurs. Yet, we have not given in to defeat. The changing times are certainly an awkward challenge in our ultra-fast paced society in todays world.

We can only hope the younger generation will eventually come to realize that their collective freedoms are being slowly taken away, before its too late.
      Before the new Indian (motorcycles), Harleys, even the Goldwings, become extinct.

OK... end of rant. C2K Roger Herbison
      The only thing wrong with any of this thread is that we can't help but get political and that spins off to other grievances about our society. It all goes nowhere but straight to conflict and unproductive commentary. Its why we have the rule "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are political in nature, not related to antique motorcycles, ..." I am going to leave the thread but see how I can lock it to preserve Steve's link. If I can't lock it then I'll figure something out. I know it is a concern in our industry as well as many overlapping and similar issues from helmet requirements, inspections, muffler requirements etc. So let's just get back to enjoying and sharing information about our antique motorcycles.

Mike Love
      AMCA Forum

Comment

Thread is now closed to comments. Thanks

Mike Love
        AMCA Forum

Comment

Working...
        X