A Real Christmas List for Vintage Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Real Christmas List for Vintage Riders

This time of year, all the magazines like to run shopping lists for bikers. I've put together one that should help your love ones purchase something you can actually use this year. First 15 items are online now. Next 15 soon to come. Includes pricing and links to where you can purchase the products.

Vintage Biker Christmas
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Cool stuff! I know my Christmas List includes a couple of vintage riding jerseys/sweaters. 1910's - 1920's period.

For those still making their list and checking it twice... a pair of riding boots (ie. motorcycle cop knee-high riding boots) are just fantastic on a vintage bike. Oil wipes right off! I got mine in Dubai where they measure you right in the Souk and you come back in a couple of hours and your boots are done. Actually, almost done. They fit them again. Great experience! But there are several custom boot guys in the US if you can't get to the Sandbox before the 25th.

Last year I got a SPOT GPS locator system that I took on my ride to Nordkapp Norway. It transmitted the whole trip out by satellite and has an SOS function as well. Links with Google Earth so that you can zoom in on the roads you actually ride. One of the best motorcycle accessories ever!

Hope everyone gets lots of great bike stuff under the tree. Though I've given up on having Santa bring me a Henderson Four.

Cheers,

Sirhr
    Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
      Cool stuff! I know my Christmas List includes a couple of vintage riding jerseys/sweaters. 1910's - 1920's period.
      For those still making their list and checking it twice... a pair of riding boots (ie. motorcycle cop knee-high riding boots) are just fantastic on a vintage bike. Oil wipes right off! I got mine in Dubai where they measure you right in the Souk and you come back in a couple of hours and your boots are done. Actually, almost done. They fit them again. Great experience! But there are several custom boot guys in the US if you can't get to the Sandbox before the 25th.
      Sirhr
      Funny you mentioned that as a pair of those boots are on my list, though I need a few other more critical things first like a good jacket! As I was looking at the hundreds of pics of the Canonballers I was checking out attire of riders to see what I liked the best. I saw Slojos high boots and thought hey those are pretty cool and very functional as well and added them to my lengthy wish list.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Added the last 15 items to the list. There is a little something for everyone. I cover tools, dvd's, magazines, clothing/accessories, motorcycle parts and camping gear. Of course, I'm not affiliated with any of the products, just stuff I thought folks would like to find under the tree this year.
        1964 FLH
        1972 R75/5
        1996 XL1200C
        2001 R1200C
        2007 FXSTB
        Blog: Riding Vintage
        Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X