X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frichie68
    replied
    Sun Prairie had midget racing at night in those days, I wonder if it was the same track? I was 8 or 9 at that time & my brother took me to watch the midgets.
    Last edited by frichie68; 08-29-2023, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pem
    replied
    12.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_o85eheBvUp1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

• pem
    replied
    Originally posted by badger34
    Thanks again for sharing all of the great Wisconsin photos Dick! I like the above photo with the couple in their West Allis MC shirts. A couple of years ago I discovered that a very good family friend was a member of the West Allis MC. The following photo dates from 1943 and Harold Wikel pictured on the left was great friends with my grandfather. Harry Sr as we knew him and his son Harry Jr later owned & operated Beaver Dam Raceway.
    Your entirely welcome. I've spent a lot of time collecting them. The West Allis photo was taken at the mile dirt track at the Wis. State Fair Park in West Allis. And ain't this a small world. I've been to the Beaver Dam racetrack quite a few times. I used to pit for a guy and we'd race every Tuesday night. Wednesday night at Cedarburg, Saturday night at Hales Corner and Sunday night at Slinger. And after every race we'd stop at a tavern. My poor liver!

11.jpeg 10.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_o85ejhJ8PR1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X