X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $_5755.jpg
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• I love that picture, Bob. I've always wondered how long those crates sat outside before the motorcycles were un-crated, and dealer prepared. Also notice the racing box on the far right, and the disk wheel on the showroom bike.
      Last edited by exeric; 03-13-2021, 06:26 PM.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

• tumblr_nri233D8DH1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Great pics guys... Thanks!
          (Really love some of those early color pics Bob)

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
            LOVE the '71 Convertible Challenger!! I had a 70 Challenger with a 440 SIX PACK 4 speed and DANA 60 Rear. I sold it for $2500... oh well...
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

I did notice the helmet. I wonder if it is authentic?

Mike Love
              Not sure... did they even have military "repro" stuff like that back in 1965?
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

Hard telling, Jim!

outlaw04jpeg.jpg

....Cotten
                PS: I only assumed it was '65 from the plate. I suspect these may be from LIFE magazine.
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-14-2021, 01:36 PM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

That kind of stuff was for sale by big military importers back then, and most was original, not reproduction. See ads in the back of period firearms and sporting magazines. Guys like Sarco, who still exist and still sell all kinds of stuff.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

Hard telling, Jim!

outlaw04jpeg.jpg

....Cotten
                    PS: I only assumed it was '65 from the plate. I suspect these may be from LIFE magazine.
                    This particular photo is on page 53 of my 2003 reprint of 'The Bikeriders' by Danny Lyon. I remember reading before this is a rare photo of a Hell's Angel packing behind an Outlaw. I think they were friends, its been a while since I read it. The book text says 'Funny Sonny packing with Zipco, Milwaukee'.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                      Vintage Pic of the Day - March 10, 2021

Sometimes I find I need to get creative to find the vintage pics. Today I used a web based random number generator and set it for numbers 1 - 50 with the intent that I would look for an old motorcycle photo from what ever number came up. Today's number was 30 so I looked for old motorcycle photos from the 30th state. Well here you go, a rider from Wisconsin having his breakfast next to his trusty and reliable Sportster. The rider on the Bavarian Motor Works bike looks like he's from Columbus. So maybe we have a Mid-west gathering pictured.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.55.57 AM copy.jpg
                      This particular photo is on page 100 in the same book. The text says 'Zipco, Elkhorn, Wisconsin'. Great book with a lot of great photos. If you have the book, on page 32 there is a guy named Cockroach. I ended up working with his brother in a machine shop. Cockroach later moved to FL and ran a vertical blind business then an exotic animal business. I bought all my custom blinds from him. He continued to ride motorcycles, mostly Japanese brands until his passing just this last year. I'm still friends with his younger brother which is in his mid 70's.
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Here is the book mentioned, the original and the reprint. Danny Lyons was a friend of an old neighbor of mine (a ceramics artist and painter) and he occasionally visited him. DCP_3002.JPG

And another set worth looking at if you like this stuff..
                        DCP_3003.JPG
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Cool stuff there Robbie. I wondered about the Angel/Outlaw pic.

Comment

• $_5756.jpg
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - March 15, 2021

This photo identified as Horace on his Harley came up in a search for old motorcycle photos in Maine. Maine because today is the State of Maine's birthday. I can't confirm that Horace is from Maine but if that is Horace he is on a Harley.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 7.51.10 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• tumblr_oeuu0e988g1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                                More oil lines for Cotten.
                                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                                X