Jokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jokes

I had to see my urologist yesterday and that experience always reminds me of this cartoon:

proc joke.jpg

Also, I would like to suggest a joke, weird picture, humor category for this forum. That was fun and popular at CAIMAG.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Good one, Robbie.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

90% of all Harleys are still on the road---------------------------
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post

Tom

This is so true ... all along the hi-ways and road sides of this great country, rattled off Harley parts ....

Bob Turek

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post

Tom
          The rest made it home?

(Ba Dumt Tsssh!)

...Cotten
          PS: That was pitiful, but I want to support all participation. Until it gets too punny.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The one thing that had appeal about CAIMAG was that it was unmoderated and it was anything goes. Okay, a place for everything and everything in its place. Eric's suggestion says

Also, I would like to suggest a joke, weird picture, humor category for this forum. That was fun and popular at CAIMAG.
            Here is my take on this suggestion that is influenced by my role as AMCA Forum moderator. T
            he AMCA Community Forum has a policy relating to participation and rules. The first paragraph provides the vision of the AMCA related to the forum and says,

The AMCA Forum is established solely for the purpose of providing members with a valuable source of information, communication and discussion about antique motorcycles 35 years and older. The AMCA is proud of its family friendly reputation and all posts and comments should be suitable for family viewing and reading.
            Considering what has been posted since this suggestion came up I can tell you its going to be difficult for us as members to fit some humor, weird pictures and jokes in and have them comply with the Forum guidelines set by the AMCA in its by-laws - specific and succinct it says,

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are political in nature, not related to antique motorcycles, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, use ethnic slurs, encourage physical violence or in the sole opinion and discretion of the AMCA are objectionable or otherwise violate any rules, regulations or laws.

No matter what your intention is or what seems funny first consider the AMCA guidelines for participation and rules before posting because that is what I am obligated to do as moderator. Moderating of course is always going to be consequence management. I act after something doesn't fit the participation and rules using what I think are objective by-law guidelines. When I get involved it has already had its impact which I cannot undo.

I am willing to consider and discuss areas of the Community Forum to make it better and more useful to us as members but in my volunteer moderator position as a member of the AMCA I am obligated to follow the rules established by the AMCA to keep it to our standards. In regard to a category of jokes, weird pictures and humor category if you can measure it against the posting rules and it fits then post it. If it doesn't fit these guidelines then I will act like a moderator. The Forum guidelines offer that if you want to move in a different direction and change the way the forum does business then you can follow this suggestion to change it,

Questions and comments on AMCA policy, procedures and organization are better addressed to any Officer or Director who are listed in the AMCA magazine.

Mike Love
            AMCA Forum

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

The rest made it home?

(Ba Dumt Tsssh!)

...Cotten
              PS: That was pitiful, but I want to support all participation. Until it gets too punny.
              Joke quality affected by my lack of sleep.
              Doc says Im an Agnostic,dyslexic ,insomniac when I told him I lie awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by t. Cotten View Post

the rest made it home?

(ba dumt tsssh!)

...cotten
                ps: That was pitiful, but i want to support all participation. Until it gets too punny.
                hahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Grasshopper walks into bar.

Bartender says "Hey! We have a drink named after you!"

Grasshopper says "You have drink named Steve?"

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
                  ~sorry~

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDay View Post

hahahahaha!!!!
                    If you hadn't heard the ancient 'made it home' joke, DeeDay,...

Then you probably haven't heard the difference between a Harley and a Hoover vacuum?

.....Cotten
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-19-2021, 12:44 PM.
                    AMCA #776

Comment

If you hadn't heard the ancient 'made it home' joke, DeeDay,...

Then you probably haven't heard the difference between a Harley and a Hoover vacuum?

.....Cotten
                      Let's do it!
                      Hit me...

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDay View Post

Let's do it!
                        Hit me...
                        You can only get one dustbag on a Hoover at a time, DeeDay!

(Thank you, thank you,... I'll be here all week,...)

,,,Cotten
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-19-2021, 02:03 PM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

You can only get one dustbag on a Hoover at a time, DeeDay!

(Thank you, thank you,... I'll be here all week,...)

,,,Cotten
                          HIIIOOO!!!
                          My weekend has been made!

Cotton wins the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by exeric
                            The AMCA Forum is established solely for the purpose of providing members with a valuable source of information, communication and discussion about antique motorcycles 35 years and older. The AMCA is proud of its family friendly reputation and all posts and comments should be suitable for family viewing and reading.

In this day and age, I think humor is vital, but I don't disagree with the AMCA policies and know that politics, religion, and humor can be grotesquely misunderstood. Allowed to run amok on a forum, this can lead to hurt feelings (at best) and violence (according to the Washington Post). So, I withdraw my suggestion and will limit my comedy routine to my unfortunate friends that have to put up with it.
                            Sorry I'm slow, Eric,..

But I didn't get the punch line.

If it in any way relates to motorcycles and our obsolete point of view, and might be funny to somebody,...

Wouldn't that be enough?

....Cotten
                            PS: And family-friendly too, of course.

hog riding.jpg
                            AMCA #776

Comment

The Ex-Wife story:

One evening, after the honeymoon, he was welding some stuff in the garage just for fun. His new wife was standing there at the bench watching him.

After a long period of silence she finally spoke, "Honey, I've just been thinking, now that we are married maybe it's time you quit spending all your time out here in the shop. You probably should just consider selling all your welders along with your gun collection, golf clubs, and that stupid vintage Harley.

Tom got a horrified look on his face. She said, "Darling, what's wrong?" He replied, "There for a minute you were starting to sound like my ex-wife"

"Ex-wife!" she screamed, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE!"

Tom replied: “I wasn't."

(Source unknown)

...Cotten

AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X