37 UL saddle bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 UL saddle bags

Just completing a 37 ul and looking for period correct bags. My question is what style bag would be correct thanks if you have any pics. or ideas

Starting in 1937 H-D sold "De Luxe" saddlebags with a one year design, they made a point out of altering the design somewhat each model year. In '37 they offered "De Luxe" saddlebags in two different styles, one black and one brown. I bought my black ones from Worsham Castle (Mike Paquette) in the U.S. See attached images.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hi, this is the Harley Utility Bag, introduced in 1936 Accessory Catalog...I own one nice original. George
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The ones Worsham Castle makes are very poor quality and start coming apart after little use, we had both Heathers Leathers and the Saddle Shop make them after sending them nice originals and both are good quality, but the Saddle Shop is a little nicer. We used to use Worsham's, but he became hard to work with and would not stand behind his mistakes. I wish him the best of luck in turning out a better product, but he will have to prove himself again.
        Carl
        http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Olsen View Post
          The ones Worsham Castle makes are very poor quality and start coming apart after little use, we had both Heathers Leathers and the Saddle Shop make them after sending them nice originals and both are good quality, but the Saddle Shop is a little nicer. We used to use Worsham's, but he became hard to work with and would not stand behind his mistakes. I wish him the best of luck in turning out a better product, but he will have to prove himself again.
          Carl
          I had great luck with Chuck at the SaddleShop, and Wayne Hagler of Heather's, too Folks!

Should have stuck with them: https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...7-leather-work

Please note my most recent posts; It still makes me sick.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-26-2023, 02:13 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X