'59 tank panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 tank panels

I posted this in the paint section also, so hopefully the Pan Heads here can also help!

I finally found my 59 Panhead I've been searching for, and it arrives this week and the work begins. I hope to get the sheet metal off and cleaned up for the painters sometime soon, and was wondering if there is a template or pattern available for the tank panels. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions when the fun begins, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the new project.

Thanks

Joel

1959 TANK PANELS

I HAVE A 1960 FLH THAT I RESTORED. I ENLARGED THE ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS FROM ANTIQUE CYCLE SUPPLY THAT I BOUGHT, AND I GAVE THEM TO A FACTORY REGISTERED DUPONT PAINT MAN. I DON'T THINK THEY SELL THOSE PICS ANYMORE BUT YOU CAN GET THE SAME ON CD NOW. ANY GOOD DUPONT PAINT MAN CAN TAPE OUT THE 1959 TANK PANELS, BUT IT REALLY HELPS TO HAVE AN ENLARGED PICTURE. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN !!!

Comment

Dennnis nice to see you put in your 2 cents worth and where have you been hiding that Pan havent seen it on the road much

Comment

Thanks Dennis...I will check that out. Another member has volunteered to trace his original panels and send them to me, which should be helpful as well. I don't intend to paint it until the winter-I hope to ride it this summer (if summer ever actually arrives here in New England that is) I'm working out some small electrical difficulties right now but hope to have it up and running shortly. In the meantime I am busy trying to get my 51 Norton ready for the British meet in Auburn, MA next weekend. Where in Maine are you, as I have lots of family and friends there.

Thanks again...I'll let you know how I make out.

Joel

Comment

Working...
        X