Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneto Charging

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a company that re-magnetizes magneto body field magnets. I have a mag for my '64 CH (fairbanks-morse magneto) and the mag has become weak. I have a new coil but would also like to re-charge the body and possibly the armature magnets - they're weak also.

I already have a bad knee and ankle from this bike from 30 years ago and, at this age, I need it to start without inflicting further injury ( I don't heal like I used to). Thanks!!!

bill
    i have a '62 ch and when i rebuilt my mag i sent it to morris mag in morristown new jersey that was about 5 years ago i don't have they number handy you can probably get it from phonebook i don't know if they would remagnetize separet parts i sent them the hole mag they rebuilt it put in the missing lock asked if i wanted the tach drive ,i haven't had any problems with the mag since i changed the points in it once,if you can't find there number get back to me and i'll look for it.
    pat

Comment

Bill,
      last year I aquirred a 1939 scout racer in GrandBlanc Michagan,after getting the MC home and looking over the paper work on it discovered that the Mag in the bike had been reworked by a mag shop here in northern Maine! Ive had 3 other mags redone by them, they are very good at what they do and very cost effective! Check them out if you like!
      MAINELY MAGNETOS
      BELANGERS AUTO ELECTRIC
      127 CYR ROAD
      CROSS LAKE MAINE 04779
      TEL:207-834-7309
      WEB SITE: WWW.MAINELYMAGNETOS.COM

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Thanks to all for the magneto information - it was very helpful! I will contact these companies and proceed accordingly.

God I love this forum !!

Comment

Working...
        X