hydraulic lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydraulic lifters

Has anyone used the new one piece hydraulic lifters? I'm converting a '48 pan to hydraulic's, and just saw these one piece one's, for 1/2 the price, as the 2 piece. Yes, they are imports.

Mike,
    Just my two cents worth! OEM is always the best! So when possible stick with what you know works and has for may years!

Comment

Impossible...Your base has no oil feed for those lifters you want to install...Careful Mike!!!

Comment

Lifter blocks are updated to hydraulic with oil feed holes and cases have been drilled with feed holes also.

Comment

Hi Mike...I have installed about 10 sets of those offshore "jims lookalike" Hydraulic's they work fine in shovels with any alluminum pump...If your pan still has the cast iron pump it may not have enough pressure below 1500 rpm to keep the lifters pumped...At a red light or in the hot summer months this may cause you a problem...Also they are sensetive to dirt..If your base has been modified you still have a screen for the lifter oil that is missing...Stock HD hydraulic lifters may be more forgiving....Good luck..."Rob"

Comment

I'll be running an S&S oil pump and figure out a good filter system, or like any motor should be, keep the oil fresh.

Comment

Also Mike, those lifters are made to be used with 20-50 oil.. they hammer and clank at start up with 50 or 60...So make sure you have good valve seals installed and your Pan should run like a champ with 20-50 and easier to start when cold outside!! Keep me posted on outcome of your pan...Later "Rob"

Comment

What this is, is a pan with a shovel top-end, I always put a good valve seal on these heads and pans. I'm doing this motor for someone else. I'm not really fond of the oem style two peice hyd. lifters so I thought I'd try these new one piece. If it was my bike I'd stick with solids, but he wanted these hyd units. Actually if it were mine it'd still be a pan ('48), but this bike is to far gone for that. Chopped, raked, bobbed, fat tired, no#'s,etc.
                I'm mostly glad to hear someone else has run these lifters with good results. I know 90% of automotive lifters are imported, without a problem, I figure these are probably made at the same place. Thanks Rob.

Comment

Working...
                X