motorcycle ins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle ins.

I've had Progressive Ins. for about twelve years. The only time I've had a claim was last July when I got run over by a underinsured driver. The Progressive Co. is giving me trouble with the value of my 1942 H-D EL with 245 miles since restoration. I've been with the club 23 years and restoring H-D's for 15 yrs. It seems Progressive has no one Knowledgeable in antique motorcycles. Are any of our members professionable appraisers or can anyone recomend a company that specializes in antique motorcycles. ronniecox@peoplepc.com

motorcycle ins.

i use condon and skelly in new jersey they are very resonable and only ins. antique bikes and cars 800-257-9496 , good luck, chris

Comment

In some cases your local HD dealer will help with an appraisal,some will some wont, But everyone takes notice when the letterhead says HD!
      GOOD LUCK!

Comment

motorcycle ins

Ronnie
        contact Walt Curro at Supercycles in NY
        if you need his number email me

how are you getting along, I heard you got broken up by this idiot
        Kevin

Comment

Other Insurance Companies for Antique Bikes

Do any of our members (especially those in Florida) have a recommendation for an insurance company to provide theft insurance for antique bikes? Thanks.

Roy Wasson, Everglades Chapter

Comment

I just use State Farm. About 60 70 dollars a years per bike. Full coverage, and I name the value amount on the policy. Never had a claim so I don't know beyond that. Seems like a good deal to me, and it is through my longtime local agent, which I like.
            Mike

Comment

State Farm quoted me $600 for minimum liability only, for two machines.

The agent could just have told me they didn't want to be my "good neighbor", instead of such an insult.

Foremost has the most competitive price for me (do NOT go through an agent, call direct.)

....Cotten

Comment

All-Risk Insurance for Antique Bikes

Thanks to Everglades Chapter member Raymond Dhue for introducing me to Ford Heacock, who reports that he can offer comprehensive coverage for an antique bike while it’s in storage, on display or being transported on another vehicle. The policy would include fire, wind, vandalism, theft, etc. and the insurance agreement would be on an “Agreed Value” basis. The carrier is Hanover Insurance Company (rated A-). This is the same policy we have on the AMCA Indian Torque Four. Ford is available to assist if needed. Members can reach him at (800) 677-5172 or fheacock@heacock.com.

www.heacockclassic.com

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten
                  State Farm quoted me $600 for minimum liability only, for two machines.

The agent could just have told me they didn't want to be my "good neighbor", instead of such an insult.
                  ....Cotten
                  Maybe the agent you checked with is out to make a little extra cash on the side.
                  State Farm has made no secret of the fact that they prefer not to insure motorcycles but will do so for some of their current customers, if it's the right kind of bike and your driving record is OK. I've had them since I started driving.
                  For just liability on my '76 FLH I pay $165 per year. I don't think it's eligible for antique coverage yet but I haven't checked for a couple of years.
                  Full coverage on my 2007 Road King is a hair under $400 a year. I crashed it last month so I'll have to see if that rate changes now, but so far they lowered the price on two of my other auto policys. The Harley dealer tells me that State Farm is one of the best and easiest companys that they deal with. There's rarely any arguments about repair costs. I had the check two weeks after my accident.
                  The only antique policy I have with them is on my '55 Chevy. I pay $170 per year. That's an agreed value full coverage policy but I only have it for $8000. The thing I like about State Farm's antique policy is that there are almost no restrictions. I have to store the car in a locked garage when not in use and I'm not allowed to regularly use it for work or school. There are no mileage restrictions. One popular antique insurance company I checked with would have limited me to 3K miles per year and stated that that I had to keep the car in sight at all times when I had it out of the garage to be covered for theft!
                  I think you'll find that insurance rates vary greatly by location, age of driver and driving record. Check with as many companies as you can but be sure to read the fine print.

Comment

I just got my condon & skelly policy bionder today, Thanks for the lead, nice folks and quick too. 203 annual for 30K agreed. Good deal.

Miker

Comment

Antique rates

Yes, the prices I submitted were antique rates. who is more careful with their vehicles than we are? On my 1984 dresser, full coverage is $161 per revolution around that bright thing in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                      X