Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

I have recently acquired a 1969 Sporster XLCH, fully customized chopper with a PA reconstruct title. I rode it 1,100 miles this past riding season, and would expect to do about the same each season, just to Bike Nights, Cruises, and other similar gatherings. Is there any outlet for insuring old motorcycles that are used on a limited basis, similar to what is available for antique cars. I picked up liability only through Progressive Insurance and it cost over $400 a year. I'd like to get this a lot cheaper based on the usage, and would also like to get comprehensive coverage for the value of the bike.

Any leads ?

Two suggestions

Ask your local independent agent about acv policies (actual cash value) and also antique/ classic insurance. My Classic Dodge costed 68.00 per year when i had it, And my servi- only costs me 74 a year and I have fire, theft, and vandalism, comprehensive and liabilty. Only drawn back is it is suppose to be only driven for parades routine maintenece and chapter/national events. The difference is the dodge was classic insurance, based on actual cash value/ replacement. And the servi- is antique insurance based on appraised value.

Comment

Insurance

I have my servi insured with Grundy Insurance. They are a collector car insurance company which also insures motorcycles which are not ridden over 2,500 miles per year. My full coverage with a $12,000 declared value is a little less than $200 per year. I have my other regular vehicles covered with State Farm and they will not insure antique vehicles for a stated value. The Grundy insurance is actually written through Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. Web address is www.grundy.com

Comment

I have my '55 Chevy insured through State Farm antique vehicle coverage for stated value, but I'l admit it's not for some astronomical figure, only $8000. It costs me about $115 per year, full coverage. My agent said they do stated value but if it's a high figure they require a professional appraisal. The only restrictions are that the vehicle can't be used for work or school and must be stored in a locked garage. No other use or mileage limits. I just have their regular liability insurance on my '76 FLH but may check on antique next year. Liability on it costs me about $140 a year. Just about every other collector insurance company I checked with had stricter mileage and use limits. Some also had a requirement that the vehicle never leave the owners sight while out in public. Best bet is to check with everyone. Rates vary a lot depending on your age, driving record where you live and what kind of vehicle you want to insure.

Comment

We have our antique bikes insured with J.C. Taylor, 320 S. 69th St.,Darby, PA 19082 - 1-800-345-8290 limited milage use and must have historical registration of vehicle(we are in NYS). This insurance is much cheaper than a regular policy, but again you have to follow their milage and usage guide lines. Hope this helps.

Comment

I to use JC TAYLOR and have for better than twenty years! Thank GOD Ive never had a claim! Here in Maine we dont have a historical tag but you do have to belong in our case to a antique car or MC Club arent I lucky! What Ive always liked abouit them is they are very friendly and give you the attention you deserve real customer care and service small time company with big time service.

Comment

Insurance

The One Insurance that I enjoy and Trust is the Hagerty.com You
              can get the basic 25\50\25 ,roadside Assistance ect..1-800-922-4050. The more you state your Bike is worth the more you will pay per year for example $9000 bike might cost as low as $180.00/yr.

Comment

Working...
              X