Model ID and info sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model ID and info sources

I recently purchased a 1927 BSA 500cc side valve single and am seeking information sources. Thus far I have not found much available for parts, manuals, literature etc. I have not made any contacts in the UK yet either through the BSA owners or the VMCC. These are probably good places to go but I am already a member of the AMCA and might as well see what may be available through our club. I have yet to participate in any AMCA events but plan to next year. I am looking forward to hearing from anybody interested in old BSAs. Jim

BSA all the way

WELCOME TO THE PASSION..

No you are not alone - I have a few pre-30's BSAs.

And would like to see more on the road here.

As parts etc - let me know and I can see what I can do or point you in the right direction.

Remeber 1 in 4 was a BSA - at the high of your machines issue.

JP

Comment

PS

Engine No. and Frame No. would be a good start to see what I can dig up for you.

Have a look at my ca.1916 Model K BSA on the photo section

JP

Comment

Hi JP,

Thanks for the reply. The numbers that are on the bike as well as the tax documents from the Devon County Council are as follows: engine - M16035 frame - U8950 and the registration number is UO3253. Have yet to find any reference material at all for 1927. A friend went to Davenport this fall and asked around to no avail. I have submitted my registration materials to the BSA owners in the UK and am waiting for a reply. I figured that they could get some info based on the taxation document that I have. Any experience with the UK club?

On another front, I am trying to get it to run but have little experience with motorcycles of this age. I am slowly working my way through the various systems to verify their functionality and to familiarize myself with their operation. I do suspect the magneto as a potential source of trouble and plan to measure the output. I have gotten it to pop a couple of times but can't seem to get a sucession of pops. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but should as soon as the holidays come around.

BSA wise, I also have a '54 Golden Flash, '57 Road Rocket and '67 Hornet. I would really like to find a Spitfire Scrambler as I am partial to high pipe competition machines. I currently compete in AHRMA vintage MX and trials on a '74 CZ red frame 400cc and a '75 Bultaco Sherpa T. I would like to compete on older machinery over time but I need to acquire good competion hardware. Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to any info you can find or references that you may have. I will send a picture if you areinterested. Jim

Comment

BSA

I have a 1916 BSA flat tank, It ran great when I got it so haven't had to much to keep it going. You need to talk with David Brailey, He has a couple of web sites that you need to definately need to check out.manuals,parts,ect... www.earlymotorcycles.com is a new one from him or dbrailey@gil.com.au good luck and let me know how things are going for you ALOHA from MAUI HAWAII gray

Comment

Hey Gray,

Thanks for the tip. I have sent David some pictures and other info plus asked the BSA Owners Club Uk for some help. I will also post a few photos here on the AMCA forum. I will look you up next time I am in Maui. Jim

Comment

BSA info

Hello Jim, greetings from the UK.
              I have a 1930 500 ohv Sloper and have had a 1928 500 SV Sloper and 1926 350 sv flat tanker. I have BSA parts books for 1927-30. If I can be of help in any way please let me know. If I don't know I have a friend who is a real BSA enthusiast (nut), he owns at least 25, who is a mine of information or the VMCC library might be able to help.

Regards

Alan Yeomans
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X