Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for copy of Jan2004 HotRod Bike zine. 4 pg article -tank forming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for copy of Jan2004 HotRod Bike zine. 4 pg article -tank forming.

January 2004 copy of HotRod Bikes magazine.

Do you have a copy of this? Could you mail me a photocopy of the 4pg article they did on tank forming. I'm really interested in metal forming and heard it was a really good tech story.

So if you could help me out here - I'd be really thankful. I could send you an SAE.

Paul Edwards----

tank forming.

Hey Paul,

If you happen to scoop a copy of this article could you forward me a copy? Either via e-mail or I could also send you an SAE. Thanks, I'll keep a look out for the article as well.

Cory(Radium)

Comment

OK, will do.

There web site back issue link doesn't work.

What I really want to do is just sit in sometime and watch a couple of guys do some hand forming, use a wheel and power hammer. I want to try a couple different methods of shrinking. Convex/concave curves, etc. Get some time in playing around with it. Just to get a feel for it.

I'm not real gun-ho about repopping stuff. Just for personal knowledge and fun. I guess at this stage for me, it's still a bit of magic.

Maybe I'd make some quazzi Indian trailer fenders...

I'll ask around at the local shops and see if anyone has a subscription or some back issues.

Discovery channel filmed some of local Van bad boy builders. I sure hope they do a heavy editing job. A few folks were doing the drunken idiot show, kinda embarrassing. A couple of custom knucks came out. That was about it. I left earily and missed the wet show. Look for the crowd pan shots, you may see my ugly mug.

Comment

Rod & Custom magazine usually has some really good metal working articles.

Does anyone have an old stack of Rod & Custom I could borrow?

Comment

mmmmmmm......another spammer????
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Guess she thinks her **** is worth it ??

Comment

I'm about 90% sure I have this magazine because I was a subscriber around this time . Give me a few days and i'll try to locate it.

Comment

Sorry Paul
                I was 90% wrong. Right time frame but different magazine.

Comment

Here's an article on line that you might find intersting.

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...rticles64.html
                  Regards,
                  Rob Sigond
                  AMCA # 1811

Comment

And another site on metalshaping.

http://www.allshops.org/cgi-bin/comm...=9990128877545

Check out Tinman Motorcycle Stuff at the end of the list. He's a genius with sheetmetal. The other albums are also pretty impressive. Many show the fab process.
                    Regards,
                    Rob Sigond
                    AMCA # 1811

Comment

Working...
                    X