value of old project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of old project bike

Is there a site on the web where I can discover the approximete value of an antique motorcycle? The bike in question is a 1918 (about) Excelsior in rough original condition with some missing parts.

NADA Guides. Will give you a ballpark est.

Comment

value of old project bike

Send me some photos, and I can give you an estimate. I've been keeping tabs on many 1915-1924 X twin sales for the last few years.

It all depends on how complete the bike is. I've seen 90% or better bikes for sale from $10,000 US to $15,000.

Each person has a different idea for the value of a bike though. Of course, many bikes do not sell for the asking price, but several X's have been offered lately.

Ebay has had a few Excelsiors in the last 2 years. One 1916-18 bike failed to sell recently for $9k. It was pretty complete and in decent shape.

Some dealers advertise prices of over $20k or 25k, but often those bikes are listed for 2 years or more without selling.

best of luck
      pete

PS, are you buying or selling the bike in question?

Comment

Thanks for your informative reply. I am potentially buying it from someone who knows nothing about motorcycles. It was the ladys grandfathers and has been in the shed for years. I will try to gert some pics.

I am trying to arrive at a price which will be fair to both of us without overpaying.

Comment

I'll make a gutsy move and throw this number on the table. 1.5 - 2K.

OR!!! and this is the biggie. rebuild a front porch, repave driveway, prune up/cut down and mulch trees/shrubs, haul a ton of junk up from basement for a garage sale. One nice turn is sometimes repaid with another.

Comment

Working...
          X