Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1946- 45" mystery -cast frame holes below seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946- 45" mystery -cast frame holes below seat?

After looking at a number of 46 (civil.)HD 45's this past weekend in ranch country a nagging question has come up. Below the seat rear- cast into the frame lug top, are two cone shaped one inch deep holes, drilled for bolts?. Angle of direction is down and forward.

Does anyone know specifically what these are for??? I'm real curious. Possibly a remient from a previous model? Possibly for alt. seat springs or rubber mountings?

Confused - Paul Edwards----

Third point sidecar mount holes

Hi Paul,
    I presume you mean the two holes that the third point for the sidecar bolts into.
    If I was any good at getting photos onto here I could post you some showing the Goulding mounts on my 1944 WLC.
    Tommo.

Comment

Mounts

That's right Paul, what Tommo said. The reason therir are two (one on each side ) is for Left or Right hand Goulding sidecar use as they exported several left hand models and that casting carrys over from the 30's models. FatDog

Comment

Great stuff! Thanks guys. Mystery solved.

Comment

Over here we use both holes in an effort to spread the load evenly. Several locals broke frames by using just one mounting hole. Maybe we ride them harder over here and most people I take for a spin in the chair get the experience of a ride with the sidecar wheel well off the ground.

Comment

Working...
          X