battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery

can anyone suggest where I can buy a good quality 6 volt battery for a 1948 WL, I have purchased 2, both made in India, and even though I filled them just enough to cover the plates, the electrolyte came out around the unsealed top and screwed some new paint. Thanks.

The batteries made in Holland available thru Fatdog Vintage Salvage are very good, or if you are not afraid of Taiwan made, the batteries sold by Harley Davidson are cheaper and of good quality. As far as I can tell, everything made in India is junk. They really need to work on quality control. The batteries made there can actualy bleed off juice thru the case because of high metal content. My experience with gears made for a WL trans has been very bad, and when I get anything from my machine tool suppliers made in India I just throw it in the garbage can.

Comment

Batteries

Thanks For the kind words Kyle!. I have batteries in stock and even though they are a bit high priced, I had a fellow who went through 3 HD batteries in 18 months and switched to mine, he is in the middle of his 3rd season and is my litmus test. I have never had to warranty any of my batteries yet! (Knock on wood!) FatDog

Comment

Battery help needed

I need to replace the battery on my knuckle (currently a Yuasa HD-2). During a visit to the local battery shop, I notice a large selection of 6V gel cel batteries.
        These range in rating from 1.5AH to about 10AH.
        I don't know what the Yuasa HD-2 rating is (a post on V-I says about 25AH). They run a bout $75.
        I'd like to slip one of these gel-cels (about $25) inside my old battery case (thereby retaining the original look), for a fraction of the price.
        In a kick-only application, how much juice do I need? Will a 6.5AH battery do the job?
        Has anyone done this?

Ralph

Comment

Working...
        X