W.C. judging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.C. judging?

At the Oley meet last weekend, I entered my 35VLD W.C. to be judged. I see on the judging form no points were counted, and written on the form was just "maintained". I realize Oley last weekend had a lot of bikes to be judged and the weather got a little nasty. Is this the way it is going to be from now on? I've been helping judge the last 3 years at all the meets I could make it to and the first I knew about this was after the judging was over. Nothing of this was mentioned at the judges meeting.
    This kind-of takes the insentive out of making anymore "corrections", or knowing what "corrections" need to be made. The reason I'm doing this is the challenge and enjoyment of restoring a 100 point bike. In the case of not judging a W.C. bike means there is no chance of being presented with the "Charles Wolverton Memorial" award or is this just for first time entered bikes? My bike was judged at 99 1/4 last year at Oley and was completely gone through again 'cause one week after Oley's meet last year I was rearended by a car.

W.C. Judging

Mike
    the winners circle has always been judged this way, after you get into winners circle you only have to maintain a score of 85 or above to remain there.
    if you did the bike over after entering winners circle you could have brought this to my attention and we can start all over again as if the bike had never been judged, and that would possibly have gotten you a higher score.
    as for the Wolverton award that is a chapter award and the National has nothing to do with how it is picked
    Kevin

Comment

Thanks Ken, Steve S. and Pete R. went through my bike with me after the judging and were impressed with the rerestoration. They saw it last year after the accident and could see all was good, and then some. I was just wondering on the point system for W.C. 'cause the second time in the W.C. my points were tallied up. And as for the Wolverton, now that you mention it, Oley was where I saw it presented last time. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X