Need parts for 36 VL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need parts for 36 VL

I just started up my 36 VL yesterday after it was in storage for 12 years. I have been out of the motorcycle business for a long time and I don't know what a good source for parts is.

I need a set of cups for the hand oil pump plunger on the VL.

Where can I get a proper VL battery? Or a suitable 6 volt replacement.

I used a 6 v lattern battery yesterday (dry cell).

VL Heaven-www.vlheaven.com or Harbor Vintage at
    802-434-4040. Both should be of assistance
    Johnny

Comment

harbor vintage

try harbor vintage daves great and they have tons of stuff and great advice, steve at vl heaven is great to but the shipping and the exchange rate right now are a killer.

harbor vintage 802-434-4040 www.harborvintage.com

Comment

vl heaven prices

steve, from vl heaven has informed me that his prices are in us dollars and does not reflect the poor exchange rate, he takes the hit, so i am very sorry for that steve, i have found everything ive gotten from steve to be %100.

Comment

battery

I've been running the same Yuasu battery in my VL for over 5 years now. I paid $45 for it then, half the price of the new repro's, now I'm hearing them repro's are starting to leak acid after @ a year of use. I got one of H.V.'s battery terminal kits so it looks like you have the original battery in the box.
          I'm lucky to get 2 years out of an Interstate or H.D replacement for my '86 Evo. I'd rather ride my VL any how.
          Any other parts, I too recommend VL Heaven, Harbor Vintage, and Old Dude

Comment

Working...
          X