2 post Remey generator relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 post Remey generator relay

Does anyone know if the 1926-37 2 post generator relays have any markings or numbers to identify it as the real thing? I'm sure there were some changes between that time period. Can any experts shed some light on this subject? Thanks for your kind help. John

I assume you mean having a number stamped into the base where the later relays have a 752 or 1116752? I'm no expert but I don't recall seeing one (and unfortunately don't have any to check right now) ... Perry

Comment

yes, I mean are there any numbers stamped in the base. Thanks, John

Comment

Originally posted by harleytoprock View Post
        Does anyone know if the 1926-37 2 post generator relays have any markings or numbers to identify it as the real thing? I'm sure there were some changes between that time period. Can any experts shed some light on this subject? Thanks for your kind help. John
        I've since learned there are two styles of two post cut out. The early style (used in the late 20s and into the early 30s, I'm not sure when the change over was), has the mounting tab as a separate piece held onto the relay base by four ears at the corners of the relay. The mounting plate was stamped DELCO-REMY (sometimes with MADE IN THE USA in smaller letters). See attached photos (relay an original from a 1929 DL). The second style two post had the mounting tab and relay base stamped out of a single piece like the later three post cut out. I'm unsure what, if anything, was stamped on this. I know some of the repro solid state two post cutouts have 1116752 stamped into the mounting tab. This isn't right, that's the three post's part number ... Perry
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X