Shifter knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter knob

I am still putting my "45" 46wl back together, hopefully before May 1st. i was wondering if anyone knows where an assortment of shifter knobs might be available from. I'm not looking for stock, I have one of those, I am looking for something different, like a red billiard ball with 46 on it. I don't want to top off a fresh rebuilt with a black plastic shifter knob. Any Ideas?

What size is your thread? You may need to make a custom insert.

Some Whacky Ideas. Frenchy has that glass door knob. Got one - like it.
    Custom aluminum cast things.
    A shunken plastic head filled with epoxy.
    flameball.com ---abstract. I'm still trippin out after viewing that.
    Cast iron fence post knob.
    Military surplus. Shell caseing or something.
    Spun maple or ironwood?
    Inlay a hunk of amber with a bug in it?
    ***Inlay a 1946 silver dollar. I like that look.
    Maybe use your stock one but cover it with a Monkey fist - made of rope or leather? That would be easy.

It's all a personal thing.

Comment

Go to www.ratfink.org and click onto 'new products' then scan down the page and click onto 'shifter knobs'. You'll see some cool shifter knobs. I especially like the blue skull knob myself. AND REMEMBER....ITS 'COOL' TO BE OVER FORTY AND GOING ON 9 YRS OLD!!.....SHINEY & STOCK IS NICE, BUT NOTHING BEATS A PRIMED RAT.....LONG LIVE THE 'RAT FINK'.....ED 'BIG DADDY' ROTH FOREVER!!!!.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

I agree. But those Roth knobs look kinda sketchy. ie quality.

In review I forgot "The DICE"! A traditional classic (VL keys) dateing back to the earily 30s. More popular after WWII.

Comment

OK........go to Moon Eyes web site @ www.mooneyes.com and you'll find some more traditional shift knobs like dice, chrome balls etc......The 'Eyeball' knob is pretty cool......A lot of the knobs being produced today are made from 'Resin' which is pretty hard and durable.......Course if you intend to be 'Period' correct some of these will not fit the bill......Later.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Hey, just thought of something a little different.....How about a small Trophy motorcycle top figure???? Looking across my office room I see a half dozen Trophy tops from the 'Period' that would fit the bill, Some of them are Chrome and some are Gold plated......Later... ....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

OK, one more before I get ready for the Colonial Chapter meeting this afternoon.....Go to www.koolknobs.com They've got some great swirl ball/marble type and they can custom make one to your specs....Later for sure this time... ..Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Thank you for the responses. i logged onto Koolknobs, and the rest, and found these guys to be the most willing to make a shift knob to your specs.

Comment

OK, Good stuff! Welcome.

I wonder if they can make a floating eyeball? A friend has some used false glass eyes. They were used by him. He's a pirate.

Comment

Nice Knob on e'bay.....Check out item #2230604106. Suppose to be an early Bakelite H-D shifter knob of some sort. Whatever, its a nice one. Later... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
                    X