No announcement yet.

'65 Pan Timing Cover from a '66 Cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '65 Pan Timing Cover from a '66 Cover?

Read with interest the article on reworking a post '65 outer primary cover to ad the plug hole. BTW - some old timer I met at the Oley meet told me that there once was a shop note from HD that gave instructions on how to modify the 66/later cover to add the plug for the '65 models. Rumor?

Anyway - my question is whether anyone has investigated or had a '66 timing cover modified to add mods necessary for use on a 65?

I have the originals on my '65 EG but, they were polished years ago (before I bought it). They look nice acutally - but I always figured that at some point I'd get a set of covers with the factory sand cast left alone and use them.

Well - I did find a pair of NOS covers for a '66. Looking at the timing cover, it's similar to the Primary in that the castings for both the '65 an '66 are the same. Only difference is that the galleys for the oil passages are not drilled, etc.

Looks like I could take my originals and the '66 set to a good machinist and have them modified, wondering if anyone has actually done this with a '66 timing cover??

Ray

I did mine long before "AMCA correct " was the standard.

Today, I would search out the proper size of welchplug, and carefully cut a seat for it.

Comment

Working...
    X