saddlebags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddlebags

i want to put saddlebags on my '47 wl solo. should it be done with the half moon plates drilled through the sides of the fender, or was there a top mounted luggage rack that the bags would have attached to? also, does anyone know where to get a picture of the correct 1947 bags? got any suggestions as far as a manufacturer of period bags?

saddlebags

Get in touch w/ antique cycle supply,they have accessory catalogs with pictures.Phone#(616)636-8200.
    Pete

Comment

The correct bags for your bike are called the Lock-Tite saddlebags that mount to the fender with chrome half moon plates. If you want to see what they look like, go to Colin's site
      (www.conansclassics.com) and look for the Lock-Tite saddlebags. As far as ordering from him ,I don't know if that is a good idea as the tech forum at Flathead Power has a lot of negative posts about him lately. If you want, try calling him and decide for yourself.

Bruce

Comment

thanks for the info. aside from conan's (picture here: http://www.conansclassics.com/19uplocsadba.html ), someone else directed me to this guy and his bags: http://www.saddlebags.net/Harley/harleyantique.html

of the two, which do you guys think are more "right"?

Comment

The bags at conans are the correct style for your bike. As far as the Osprey site goes I didn't see the Lock-Tite bags there, although I have heard good things about their craftsmanship. Another place you might want to try is Mas Classics, check this page (www.masclassics.com/reman/ss.html). He is a good guy to buy from and won't mess with you.

Bruce

Comment

Looks like Conan's moved to a new unit close by. In the transition he was out of contact and some folks over-reacted.

Comment

thanks for all the info

Comment

Working...
              X