Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Huyck

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know anything about Fred Huyck? He is the subject of the pic I attached (thanks to the library of congress). I would love to see more pics of his bike. It is very similar to the 1908 Indian I am working on (ok, so it mostly sits in my basement, but I do add a part or two a year to the pile and I do go downstairs and look at the pile a lot). Any info or pics of this bike or similar bikes would be great. It snowed 8 inches here today so I'm just sitting by the fireplace dreaming. Happy New Year!
    -Mike Carver
    Attached Files

A friend of mine in BC has an orig paint - "Monkey on a Stick". You may have seen it at the Tawassen show? ---Great photo. Are you going to put raceing bars on yours? Mike Smith (ORG) has them. Very cool.

I buzzed this over to Daniel Statnekov - it's a long shot, but he may know something of young Fred.

Comment

I believe you mean D.B.'s 1908 Indian racer? I had a good look at it and a very nice visit with him a couple years ago (I'll attach a pic of it from the Twassen (spelling?) show in April 2001, I hope he doesn't mind). I'm not sure if I'll use drop or regular bars yet... I also need a carb and oil tank. More snow predicted for tonight, I'm going back to the fireplace to toast my toes!
      -MC
      Attached Files

Comment

He's a very private guy. But I figure the post is oK. I really wanted to do a story on him and all of his stuff. But sadly just missed my window of opportunity. Weather problems, timeing, etc. He's got some really amazeing period accessories that I've never seen in my life. And some very neat earily orig. paint bikes. It will happen hopefully -but down the road. I'd make the oil tank. The correct carb will be very difficult, I think. Best of luck. See you around sometime. --Is it for show or go?

I debateing about putting the snows on the car now.

Comment

Working...
        X