X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-D engines over Germany

New at:

http://www.harleysons.de

I would be hesitant to fly in a home built V-twin powered plane. Those boys had guts!

Comment

Love this site and all the history and old pictures.
      Thanks guys
      And maybe, see you around someday.
      JP

Comment

Flying Harleys

Here is a web site to check out: www.usuwrightflyer.org In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Wright brother's first controlled powered fight we built a futuristic replica of their 1905 flyer. Futuristic in the since we used the latest greatest materials such as carbon fiber, kevlar, structual foam, and a Harley Davidson Twin Cam 88B motor. We figured since HD was celebrating its 100th anniversary they might be interested in some sort of partnership. We didn't get to fly in Milwaukee, but, they were great help with the engine and technical support.

We were featured on the History Channel, at the celebration of flight in Dayton this summer, at numerous airshows, and at a couple NASCAR races. We have over 250 flights. If we had been given the opportunity to fly at Kitty Hawk we wouldn't have ended up in a puddle. Safety issues revolve around the original design of the plane rather than the HD Twin Cam motor.

Comment

Ah-HA! You cheated! I like that.
          Did you guys find a way to improve or cheat, the wing warping concept.

When that other craft ditched in the puddle the first thing that went through my mind was - Where's Glen Curtiss when you need him.

THe photos and hiRez video are great. Thanks.
          MAN! It really looks unstable in the air. Side slip. Congrats to the team. Great job!

http://www.usuwrightflyer.org/projec...CN0889_JPG.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X