Name The New Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name The New Chapter

Soon several of us will be submitting our application to create a new AMCA chapter in South Florida. Please help us name the chapter by voting on one of the following suggestions or by submitting your own idea:

Everglades; Blue Haired Ladies; The Recycled; Rust Scrapers; Miami Nice; Rocking Riders; The Unindicted Co-Conspirators; The Never/Rarely/ Wrongly Convicted; The Pacemakers.

Keep the ideas coming!

Roy Wasson (Chapter Instigator)

Name

How about.... The Transplants, The Snow Bird Chapter, Q-Tips, The Slow Drivers from Ohio (Indiana) , The Southern Badger Heritage Chapter, or, the ever popular...Were Natives!!! Get OUT of OUR chapter!!!!. Ha Ha

Comment

Southern Cross

RWasson...Best of luck on the formation of a new Chapter....I vote....'The Southern Cross Chapter'.......... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

South Florida Cocodrilos

South Florida Cocodrilos.

cocodrilo; spanish for alligator. Ties into your historical roots, a reflection of environment. Sounds kinda nutty too, from an english perspective. Say it with a deep voice. Yup, sounds cool.

Comment

Super ideas all for the chapter's name, thanks. Now some of you from the Southern half of Florida let me know if you want to be founding members and watch your regular mail for an enrollment form.

Roy

Comment

I think "Everglades Chapter" would be the best....

Incidently for you Florida members, the first (1904) Harley-Davidson motorcycle may have gone to Florida sometime after 1916. It's just a vague rumor, but the best we know at this time. Mr. C.H. Lang owned the bike and he retired to Florida and a family legend tells that he took an old motorcycle with him that he was "supposed to return to the Harley factory."

Myself, I think it was sold to some Cuban and today is used for RELIABLE power on a some sugar cane plantation -- still with the original motor parts like those old ads claimed.

http://www.atthecreation.com/

Comment

New chapter name

How about the "Unknowns" ?
              Why have you not contacted ANY of the Sunshine chapter officers with you proposition to start a chapter where thereis one already?

Comment

Bill:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to learn from you and work together. Our founders will value your input, even though with the Sunshine Chapter in north Florida being 300 to 350 miles away from our 4 million people population base, we may not get the chance to buy you a drink more than occasionally. I will be in touch constantly.

Regards,

Roy D. Wasson (305) 666-5053
                roywasson@bellsouth.net

Comment

Roy,
                  We are not located in North Florida as you may think, but throughout the state. Our members are in South Florida and the keys as well as the west coast of the state. Our very active Vice President lives in Daytona where he holds almost weekly rides. Why did you not contact any of the officers to find this out, or become informed at all about the chapter, or even join us to find out when and where we hold events? As a New member I think that would have been the logical first steps in becomming active in a club. Not just deciding to form a new one. Active members are welcome, we have more than enough jobs to fill when it comes to our national event at Eustis, have you heard about that one?

Comment

Thanks, Bill, but weekly rides starting in Daytona would be 272.21 miles from my front door and 425.89 miles from our AMCA members in Key West. Imagine going 550 to 850 miles round trip before counting anything for the "ride" itself!

Your Jacksonville HQ are 357 and 510 miles away from those South Florida starts. Eustis is top dawg and we will be there, even though it's 280 miles from Miami (my in laws were there for 10 years and I did many weekends on the Turnpike). Of course that is a comfortable jaunt for a meet (as opposed to a lunch run).

This state is plenty big for 2 chapters, and I will stipulate here and now that the Sunshine Chapter will always be the first and best! Let's work together!

Peace

Roy

Comment

What headqurters?

Comment

potential new chapter

As the Secretary of the Sunshine Chapter, I don't understand the necessity of another Florida Chapter. You would be more than
                        welcome to be part of the Sunshine Chapter and hold Chapter
                        events in South Florida. Many of us in Central Florida would be
                        more than pleased to come down and participate. We have held an annual Chapter ride in Lake Worth up until a few years ago. We have also held Chapter events on the south end of Lake Okeechobee on several occasions. We would like to invite you to join us on a Sunshine Chapter ride on Saturday the 22nd of November,2003. We are meeting at the Okee-Tantie Campground and Marina on the North Shore of Lake Okeechobee, 10430 Highway 78 west (about 4 miles west of Oleechobee on Rt 78.) We will be leaving for approximately a 100 mile vintage ride with a lunch stop in Clewiston. We will be leaving the campground at 10AM Saturday the 22nd.

Comment

Sunshine Chapter Okeechobee Ride

Thanks for the invitation. I already told your president that I would be honored to join your chapter too, so where do I send the dues (and how much)?

I hope that I can make the ride. I will confirm after checking my schedule. Let's all keep working together to make the club as much fun for us all as it can be!

Roy Wasson

Comment

Roy, Thanks for the reply. You can send dues which are $8.00 to
                            me, JoAnn Kreller, 1046 June Terrace, Daytona Beach, Fl. 32119.
                            I am the Secretary and Membership person. My husband Gene is
                            the Chapter's Vice President. We are looking forward to meeting
                            you if you can make our meet.

By the way, my husband had an idea for your name.

The Citrus Chapter.

JoAnn

Comment

Sign Me Up for the Sunshine Chapter!

Jo-Ann:

Here is the e-mail version of my letter I mailed to you tonight:

Roy D. Wasson
                              Suite 450 Gables One Tower
                              1320 South Dixie Highway
                              Miami, FL 33146
                              Phone (305) 666-5053
                              Facsimile (305) 666-0010
                              e-mail rdwappeals@juno.com

November 5, 2003

JoAnn Kreller
                              1046 June Terrace
                              Daytona Beach, FL 32119

Dear JoAnn:

Enclosed is my $10 check for enrollment in the Sunshine Chapter. (Your e-mail said it was $8, then I got the later call that the dues amount had gone up.) One thing our new chapter will be hoping to learn from other chapter officers like you is how much we need to anticipate charging for our basic expenses and so forth.

Please let me assure you that I will do my best to build up the Sunshine Chapter as well as the “Citrus” Chapter (or “Everglades” Chapter, or whatever it turns out to be). I will personally ask each of our organizing members to join the Sunshine Chapter and to stay active in its programs.

I received clearance from my “social secretary” (wife Carol) to ride with you folks from Okeechobee on 11/22. I hope no one will mind if I show up on a “new” 1978 model T-140 Bonneville instead of a real antique. I need to ride something bulletproof because it will be about a 400 mile day on 2 wheels for me (140-plus miles one-way to the starting point, times two, plus the ride itself). I have never trailered a bike which was running to or from any event in 39 years of riding.

For your membership records, this letterhead has my office info. My home address is 6233 Leonardo Street, Coral Gables, FL 33146. Home phone (305) 284-0032. Cellular (305) 519-8897. Spouse: Carol Fenello (non-rider, so far, but I am working on that).

I look forward to meeting with you and working with you. I promise to be open to the concerns which you and some of your other members have about a new chapter. Thanks for being open about those concerns, and for accepting me into your Chapter.

Sincerely,

Roy D. Wasson

Comment

Working...
                              X