Early piston help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early piston help

I am looking for some 2 and 1/2 inch bore flat topped pistons with about 1 and 1/4 inch to pin center from top. Pin is 1/2 inch dia but this could be changed if necessary. I got one several years ago from Egge Parts house that they no longer stock. The originals were cast iron but aluminum is O.K. and actually better. Any help or source suggestions appreciated.
    John Hasty

I have some spare 2 1/2" cast iron pistons for my Miami, I'm not sure of the measurment to the pin. I might be able to offer you one but don't know of any source for them. Email me and I'll measure what I have. Thanks.

Louie

Comment

Hi John:
      Venolia in California supply pistons for just about anything. They use forged aluminum blanks and will make them up to order. You'll be able to spin the Shaw to 7000 RPM or so without wrecking the piston, but something else might go first! I don't have contact deals handy, but they can be found on the internet.
      Cheers,
      Pete Gagan

Comment

Thanks Louie and Pete. I've got a junk one headed out to Venolia's to see what they can do. Hopefully it won't be so good that it makes the Shaw hit the rev limiter.
        John Hasty

Comment

Working...
        X