Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Germany

http://www.harleysons.de

Who is that sexy young lady on the Front pg?

Comment

Right Admin Guy, we've got to identify that hot babe!

I say that because elsewhere on Fritz' website is a photo of the DAR 45 OHV road racer seen outside the Harley-Davidson factory around 1930. For years I wondered who the guy was seen sitting on it! The photo has been published several times, but the guy never identified. I speculated whether it was some guy from Harley's experimental department and even thought maybe it was Art Kauper (wrong!) But Fritz has positively identified the man as Paul Weyres the German racer! This is almost certainly Weyres' bike as Fritz has found other photo of Weyres racing a DAR in Germany. I was thankful to see that because it had been bugging me for years.

So now we have to identify the girl....at least she's a pleasant subject of study!

Great website with lots of info on Harley's German racing connections.

Notice how they all come visit the Harley factory sooner or later...but some get more welcome than others.

Comment

Understandably he's big on his country men. It's a pretty extensive sight. A ton of work was plowed into putting that together. I thank him. Good job!

She's a sexy young thing. I'd like to ID her if possible. Even if the bottom line is -she was a promo bunny. Which may have been the case.

I also go crazy with non-IDed persons in photos.

Comment

Working...
        X