• Oyster Run

Anyone planning to attend the anual Oyster Run in Anacortes
    Washington Sunday September 28th & has a pre 1970 motorcycle
    forsale or show and would like to display it for the day in our
    show room / art gallery please contact me
    Thanks
    R Morris

Anacortes WA- Oyster run.

Well, I think the railroad station museum worked out really well. Amongst 20 000 bikers it was nice to be off the main drag a few blocks. A place to park or hang out, see friends and talk. I felt the bikes on display were great. big section of the street roped off. Maybe 50 bikes on display inside and out. The BlackHawk from Rock Island -made it's Debut! Will have to get some shots of that action. She's the only survivor.

Hummmm....maybe some more signage? Directing folks down from main drag. Or some pretty girls handing out flyers or something?

The local Eagles club had a great BBQ. Nice and cool eating in the basement. I also have got to thank the Town of Anacortes WA. Things are pretty much shut down for the entire day due to the density of bikes. If you want to see it - it's there!

Only took 1.5 hrs to make it out of town past the first traffic light! Normally a five min drive. Air cooled machines strategically pulled over on shoulder. Next yr we will take the scenic route around the back. The ride down and back via small towns was beautiful. Road houses were packed for a 50 mile radius it seemed. Lots of spin off.

Thank-you Terry Marsh, R. Morris and all those who helped out to set up the museum and judging (people's choice). Look forward to attending again next yr. Take Care - Ride Safe.

Comment

Working...
    X