road run video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road run video

Greetings, Does any chapter have a "Road Run" video available for sale. Tejas Chapter wants to host a run and needs to see what it is all about. Respond to n2deep@ev1.net. I'm James and treasurer of the chapter. Thanks for your time.

Maybe we could discuss it here and formulate a rough schedule of events as they sort of happen. Going on other runs and seeing how other chapters do stuff is fun. I'll try to forumulate a list for you.

Basically you get a package upon check-in. It contains road maps, itinerary and a few treats(t-shirt). You do a different loop each day (3) from home base. See some geography and stop off, or in, a couple of historically interesting places. Anything that you feel members may enjoy. Gives you a chance to show off what makes your state unique and interesting. Sat night -awards banquet. Sunday optional ride.

Hangin out in the parking lot is a big part of it. Riding with old and new friends then stopping and getting a chance to talk is also a big part of it.

You can be as loose or as structured as you like. Most folks just sort of do there own thing. When you hit a nice small town. Or see something that catches your eye. It's a natural stop.

Try to take into consideration when maping route that some bikes may be pre-16. Indicate long up-hill grades.

Sweeper vehicles are important. Tools, gas, tie downs, drinks. Having a national auto parts store in town is also handy. Seems to be little pity for that gas situation. Tell folks when they absolutely must gas up. Figure 70 miles on the inside. Maybe a 100 out???

I like morning rider meetings. The modern stuff generally goes off first. People are scattered and generally take there time out on the road to fully enjoy the ride. Some folks will skip stuff for a shorter day. Wives sometimes like to cruise the antique stores in the area. Alternate activies pointing in a general direction are appreciated.

Let me see if I can get Steve Ciccalone to pitch in.

Comment

road run info

Good news,
      I have found a source for the video. Many many thanks to George and Beverly Twine of Enfield , Ct. and the Yankee Chapter. Still like to hear input from you Ole Pros. We really want to do this and we really want to WOW you folks. Thanks in advance. james

Comment

Working...
      X