Cruisn2Milton Car/Bike Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruisn2Milton Car/Bike Show

Any AMCA Members in the North Jersey area who would like to bring out their 'Old Bike' for a Sunday ride are welcome to come out to a our new Sunday Cruise-In/Car Show located in the town of Jefferson (Milton), in Northern New Jersey. Held at the 'Old' A&P parking lot on Berkshire Valley Road between Rt15 and Rt23 and goes from 3-7pm every Sunday (weather permitting). I'm trying to get a good showing of Antique & Classic as well as Modern motorcycles (all makes/models welcome). There's a Pizza Shop, Chinese Resturant, Ice Cream Parlor, Tavern, Deli, McDonalds on site. The Show is 'Free' and you can stay as long/little as you like or maybe make us your turn around point for your organized Antique/Classic bike ride! It's all blacktop parking and easy access and can easily handle a couple hundred 'Old Skool Cicles'! This is a newly organized show and is in its 8th week. It's beginning to catch on and I've set aside an area just for the Bikes in front of the tent area. Please note this is a family oriented event. Just go to 'NJCarShow.com' on the web and click onto 'Cruise-Nights', then pan down to Sunday and click onto Cruisn2Milton. Check out some of the pics, but remember, this is a 'New' show and we're just starting out, so, no trophy's yet, but we're working on it as well as participation plaques/ribbons etc. No heavy Judging here so bring out your Old Bikes, Trucks, Hot Rods and Muscle Cars whether they're 100 point winners or your everyday primered 'Bobber' as well as your old Ford step-side Harley hauler! Stop by, we'd like to see you. Also, I've sent an e-mail to the Colonial Chapter and have invited them to come down and of course they are welcome to set up a display as well as put out any AMCA related info flyers on the tables. Maybe we can get some new AMCA members signed up! AMCA Members needing more info can e'mail me @ buddog1@optonline.net.....Thanks!... ..Later...Hrdly-Dangrs

Try this e'mail address to access the Club/Show pics faster.....www.geocities.com/cruisn2milton ........Yeah...I Know...Not too many bikes yet.....BUT....That's why your invited to show up!! So bring out your old 50's Triumph, 36' Indian, 40's Harley or 60's Ducati!!....'OLD SCHOOL' Choppers... Bobbers...Dragsters and Stockers and your COOL Pick'em-Up Trucks too! But especially your 'OLD BIKE'!!....ANTIGUE AND CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES will have a specially roped off section to keep the touchie/feelie types at-bay! It's a BRAND NEW Cruise-In/Show in North Jersey and we're making up the Rules as we go along. Some of the things I'm working on are: Special Trophy's and Awards for Long Distance, Oldest Bike, Best In Show (as chosen by all the motorcyclist in attendance), Plus Special Motorcycle Displays on pre-announced Sundays, and more. Plenty of Trailer parking should you like to trailer in a couple of your old bikes to show. Well, you get the idea...and remember, this is a family oriented show. Hope to see you there soon!..... ....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

RIDE-EM...DON'T HIDE-EM!!!

Thanks to everyone that has e'mailed me and expressed an interest in coming out to our new show. In my quest to get out those old bikes, I'm putting together a collection of some of my many pieces of motorcycling memorabilia. Included in the showing of these items will be early post cards, AMA trophys, advertisements, early gum cards, comic book art, toys, photos, race programs, 'Chum' books, oil cans, parts boxes, badges, fobs, Chocolate molds, magazines, lunch boxes, decals, posters, models, license plates, patches, dealer items, pins, charms, etc, etc. I will try to bring out at least a 100-150 pieces. Some of the items are New Jersey related. I'll have a couple of display cabinets and wall boards set-up under a tent for your viewing. If succesful I'll try to do this a couple times during the season. I will try to make this happen within the next couple Sunday dates. Also, we're finalizing our ideas for Trophys and Ribbons as well as participation awards, 50/50's and other 'cool' stuff. As a Founding Member for this 'NEW' North Jersey Cruise-In/Show and the 'Motorcycle' co-ordinator, I appreciate any input that you may have to make this Cruise-In/Show a success. Course, the best sign of success would be if I can get you and your 'Old Bikes' out and about! Well, got to get ready for tomorrow's show. Let's hope for good weather! I'll be there with 'Pecker Head' the Sportster Drag Bike project. Talking 'MOTORCYCLES'!! If we haven't met yet, just look for the 'SHORT, FUZZY' fella with the 'BIG' head! Thanks...Later.. .....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

New Web Site

We're up-grading our web site! The new web site will be www.cruisn2milton.com. This will allow us to put more photos and other stuff like a Guest Book, Local Weather and Favorite Links like the AMCA on the site. Meanwhile, if your in the North Jersey area and want to take that ole' scoot out for a Sunday ride, just point the front wheel in our direction and scoot on over!....Later... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Show At The 'Gazebo' with Live Big Band Era Music

Hey North Jersey Antique M/C riders....the 'cruisn2milton' show will be held at the Jefferson Township 'Gazebo' in the Jefferson Township Municipal Complex this Sunday 24th! Check out the site www.cruisn2milton for directions. Get there early between 2:00 and 3:30 so I can get you set-up on the grass. I'll have a nice display of about 75+ pieces of early Motorcycling Memorabila for you to check out. The local newspapers will be there and the show is FREE! Here's your chance to help get a 'NEW' Sunday Cruise-In/ Show going in your North Jersey area! Antique, Classic, Modern....Original....Stock...Bobber....or Three Wheels....So..Ride'Em..If Ya Got'Em....Hope to see you there....Later.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

SUCCESS!.....AHHH...Well...SURE!!

The 'Gazebo' Show was a success in many terms, but for 'MOTORCYCLE' participation I'd say....AHHH...well...SURE!! Maybe not in numbers, but in Enthusiasm! I have to remain optomistic! Also, I have to give a 'BIG THANKS' to Larry (Sorry Larry, but I forgot your last name) from the Colonial Chapter of the AMCA for stopping in with his 1939 Flathead 'Bobber'! I took a couple of good individual pics of Larry and his '74', but didn't get my photos to our Web master in time for posting on our site www.cruisn2milton.com. Larry, I'll get your pics on the site sometime this month for sure! However there is a group shot of a couple of the bikes that showed up with Larry's 'Flathead' amongst them. We also had a beautifully restored early 70's Norton Commando. Reminded me of one of my own from years ago. A great restoration job! Many bikes were going by the show including some nice 'Old' bikes, but continued as there were several 'Motorcycle' happenings occuring this day in North New Jersey, including a Charity Run. Getting the bikes to stop isn't a big problem, but getting them to stay awhile is! Especially when the weather is that good...and the weather this Sunday was near PERFECT!! I really have to keep my camera ready, cause I can't seem to get their pictures before their off down the road! If just half of the bikes that have stopped by over the last few Sundays shows had come by this day, we could have come close to the car numbers!! Course, they might have been scared off by the 'cool' California 'Low Rider' Bike (bicycle)! We put his 'cool' bike right next to ours and damn if the kids bike didn't get more attention and questions then us motorcycle owners! What a great Dad he had too! His 'Pop' just put out his lawn chair and enjoyed and encouraged his son to talk about his bike and what he did to build it! Here's a kid who surely destined to move up to 'motorcycles'...maybe an 'Old' one too! On the car front we got a good showing of over 40 nice 'Oldies' and 'Muscle Cars' plus some Customs, Stockers, Antiques and an old WWII Jeep to boot! Check out the early Ford green pick-up truck....what better way to haul your old bike to an AMCA show! Next to 'Old' Bikes you can't beat an 'Old' Pick-em-Up Truck!! As I stated in an earlier Post, I set-up a small display of some of my original early Motorcycle Memorabilia. I think I managed to get out about 75 pieces of the more then 100 items I brought with me. It was well received and it was nice seeing people of all ages going thru my books of old motorycle post cards, photos, stamps and early Advertising pieces and all the old pins, toys, oil cans etc! That background and talking bikes with Larry and a few others made even this small turn-out of old bikes worth it!! Course I'd love to have made it up to the Brookfield AMCA Meet, but that would mean I'd be selling some of the same Memorabilia! I hate that, but sometimes it pays for the parts!! A double edged sword! Of course I forgot to get pics of the display!! Well, at least I had 'OLD MOTORCYCLES' on the brain! Kudos to all the Members of the AMCA Clubs that put on their LARGE local shows! It's hard work and a lot of small details to take care of all at once! Well, I'll keep plugging at getting you 'North Jersey' guys to bring out the 'Old' bikes to this 'little' Sunday Show. Help keep'em running in-between the AMCA National Shows. We'll be going thru the end of September at the 'Old A&P Lot. Hope to see you and your old bikes there!....Thanks..... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

I have been asked not to promote this show on the AMCA pages because it is not directly sponsored by the AMCA or a local Chapter. I will respect that request, but for this Protest: As an AMCA Member, I have always extolled the virtues and sheer enjoyment of participating in the AMCA and its many Chapters and Shows to any fellow motorcyclists or mechanical minded people I've come in contact with. I and others started this 'local' 'Car Show' or 'Cruise-In' as a Motorcycle Friendly, Family Oriented, and "FREE" North Jersey Sunday get-together. Because we 'DO NOT PROFIT' from this show, I didn't think it was any problem. I thought 'talking' about it and my experiences might be interesting to fellow AMCA members. Certainly I thought to local North Jersey area AMCA Members and non-members who might like to have a 'FREE' place to bring their 'Old' motorcycle to on a lazy Sunday afternoon. After all aren't we suppose to 'pass the word' about Shows and Runs that are friendly to old Motorcyclists/Motorcycles? Isn't the 'Parking lot Chatter' Forum the place for it? Well, since the 'edit' part of the sites are now relagated to only 1440 minutes, I can't erase this whole thread. I leave that to those in control.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
              X