Postin Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postin Pix

How do you post a photo on this website? It seems like a useful feature, though at present, a bit like having plastic coverings on the living room funiture. If you had everybody posting photos I suppose that it would eat up alot of website real estate. If that is the reason, how about saying so? A Harley rider would. Perhaps a system of timed-delete could be developed. I come through here with a broom every once and a while.
    "If it ain't broke, fix-it till it is"

Don't you have your own web site promoting your book? Load your pictures up there (then they can be a big as you want) and link to them by including their URL in your post here ... Perry

Comment

I'll ask SBC they should give a high-speed subscriber some sort of web plot..AOL gave my brother one before he went SBC..good tip, except it was my line of thinking to have a questions and answers thread. Like, "I have a part..is this the right part?" type of questions and then I could post a pix instead of trying to describe it. Leave the post up for 7 days, or until I get sick of it. To have my own URl and post some pix is too fixed for this particular purpose. Not fluid like you could upload a pix on this site along with your question and get an answer. Tip-Top operation then.
      How much of of motorcycle has to be OEM to be antique? Just the crankcases with an OE serial number?

Comment

12013 seal

I've got the pix almost posted. i had to go into my Nikon program under File>Edit and change the size to something under 600 X600. (mine was 640 X 480, so one side was 40 whatever's too long). But, I'll get it and when I do I'll tell you exactly how to do it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Now it works. You need to go into your camera's computer program (Nikon in my case, but any camera will probably offer free 800 # tech support. Nikon does.) Open the program and highlight your photo that's in the program, then go up to File> "edit other program", then hold down the mouse and slide down to "nikon editor". Open the Nikon editor. Look for a tool box. If you don't see one, go up to the top of the menu and click on "View". Hold down the mouse and drop down to "Tool pallet 1". When that tool box opens, go down to image size and click that button. Click 320 X 240 and save you newly re-sized photo to your desktop.Call it "whatever.jpg" (you must have ".jpg" after the name) Now it's in you hard drive memory. When you go to your post on the AMCA and click on "browse" at the bottom of your "thread" page, your list of desktop items will pop-up. Go find your .jpg photo and click "open" and then click "submit" on the thread page and it may be loaded to your post.
          It didn't work on this post, but it did over on the Panhead section.

Comment

Right. In the FAQs section (purple buttons top) under attachments. Pls read.

Again- You cannot post photos to some sections.
            Also in the "Forums -How To" page. Located from the magazine section.

Everyones camera is going to be different. Software also. You must read your instruction manuals.

Ya-Ya ....I know. Just do it!

Comment

Working...
            X