Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mackridge Boys

Anyone ever hear of them?

A friend of mine is wanting any info you may have...

"History Buffs??"

When we bought some ole Harley parts from Ebay there was a pic stashed in the box they came in, looks to be made in the early 20's, original pic, 5 guys standing next to bycicles possible Harley,(if there were such things). They all have kerosene lanterns mounted on the handle bars as a headlights. On the back, in handwriting it says "The Mackridge Boys " Uncles Jim, Frank, Jake and John, there is no name for the 5th guy. I search some but cant find anything relating to this pic, I am/was assuming since it was in the old Harley manual with the parts it has something to do with Harley.
    Any of you heard of these brothers and know of any history??

Thanks for any help!

I have never heard of them, but if you could possibly post the photo, maybe we could identify the bikes as the H-D brand. There were such things in the late teens, early 20s, although H-D did not make them. A friend of mine has one.

Comment

LA -email me and I'll size, compress and post. The rez will be so low it renders the image useless for reproduction. BUT! Good for lookin on screen.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna try to post the photo...but just in case it doesn't work...Admin Guy, I'm emailing it to you, OK?
        Thanks again!

Comment

Pls try again I may have deleted it from the wad of 80+.

Comment

resent...

did ya get it?????

Comment

After much trouble---I'm still alive! Sorry for delay.

I feel your Middle class family may in fact be the Mackridge clan. My guess is an "a" not an "o". Where did they hail from? Anything under the photo? Any photo studio stamp or something on back? May have been a travelling photographer.

I would date this maybe....1900-1910?

Oh well, a great shot - thanks for sharing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X