Oley..Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oley..Rain

I had planned to ride to Oley this year, it is about 300 mile rounder. The plan was for an overnite camp out on Friday night. But now the forcast is for rain all day Saturday. I still might do it but am waiting to check the forcast at the last minute. I have never made a meet on a Friday and was wondering if there was enough action there on Friday for it to be worth a day trip.
    I guess I have become a bit of a softie but I am looking to have a reasonably good time. And overnite campout in the cold rain and doing the swap meet shuffle in the same aint my idea of a good time!
    Mebbe I,ll see you there,
    Doug

Well then,
    Back from Oley tonight, It was a good trip . Yes... there was plenty of action there today. The New Rochelle contingent with 8.5 motorcycles between left the bikes parked and saddled up in the Hot Rod Lincoln to cruise the superslabs at a high velocity.
    It was an active day of swapping but many of the bikes were priced so high one had to wonder if the present owners really wanted to part with them . Record asking prices were also found in the used Saddlebag department. One second-hand set was being offered by an particulary savvy seller for only $1,000. I tried to counter the high prices with my opening salvo of "How much do you want for this piece of junk"... it seemed to work for me!
    Had an enjoyable time meeting many members of the Redding MC at their drag bike booth near the entrance. They have a 25 acre clubhouse with a dragstrip on the grounds nearby and a full slate of racing planned for summer weekends. It is one sweet setup!!
    Well, my humble thanks to the Perkioman chapter for a great meet and I hope the rain passes to the south for Saturday. Don't forget to check out the Ice Cream and homemade Waffles.
    Doug

Comment

Working...
    X