1927 J model Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 J model Harley

So I'm sitting eating lunch listening to this very interesting charecter next to me, aprox.70'ish ,I had to shake his hand 3 or 4 times because he was so funny, the conversation gets around to motorcycles....then antique bikes...I tell him about the 28 J model i'm tring to restore, he says "oh my friends got one". I got the friends name and tracked him down in the phone book. well yes sir it does happen he has a 1927 J model , his father bought it brand new in august of 26 as i recall, it is all original except for the carb which "some thieving ******* stole in 29" it was replaced by one off of an indian, and after his father died @ 25 years ago he repainted it .(groan) both him and his father were auto mech. teacher in high school. I told him of my project and ask if i could take pictures to help in the restoration,no problem....... My sweetheart and i jump on my bike and scream up the hill with a borrowed digital camera, this was planned to be @1 to 2 hour adventure. 5 hours latter we reture down the hill ,both just in awl at this man and his collection of old car ,his very 1st, his 1st new car bought ,his 1st bicycle, 53 jagwier ,e7 plymoths,nashes an original custom model T ,a star auto with wood spoke wheels, as we walked around his land @15 acers we keep comming a cross little garages and work shops all over that you could not see until you were to them. any way we were both elated with the wealth of info this man had,basicly about autos, all the cool stuff he had tucked away ,and just the heart he had to share it all with 2 strangers . ok the moral to this saga is i have digital pics that if anyone needs to see ,I would love to share g.theus@verizon.net the bike has not been started for a few years due to severe burn recieved by him (doing fine) and hes not a big motorcycle buff mostly autos ,and he has no kids to hand this machine down to (hence the no clue to where it is at) but I didnt even ask and i assume there is no possibility about purchase at this time. the only clue; we are trying to slowly put together a AMCA chapter in Hawaii, we have a small antique club @20 people and will try for a charter in the near future,thanks TRUETY for all the help, "OLD SPIRIT RIDERS" is the clubs easy to pronounce name "NA HOLO O'HANE KAHIKO" is our Hawaiian name, we have 1916 BSA, 1916 Triumph 26 scout, 28 peashooter,37 Brough superior, 37 Ariel RED HUNTER , 68 servi-car, Cheifs , military scouts,pan ,knucks ,flatheads ,Triumphs 250cc Ducati hat was his in high school which he rebought. well enough for now ALOHA gray
Working...
X