1918 harley plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1918 harley plug wires

i need some help!does anybody know what is the correct color for the cotton covered spark plug wires should be for a 1918 harley model F? thanks for any help joe j.

1918 Plug wires

Hi there Joe,
    It surprises me that nobody from the U.S.A. has responded to your question as I'm sure someone over there must be able to answer your query.
    Our 1918 model F is a totally unrestored original bike that was acquired from the original owner about 30 years ago.
    He bought it new and up until about 1936 used it to get to his job at the Post Office. Sometime in the mid 20's he had an accident which bent the front forks back about an inch and a half at the bottom and he just continued to ride it bent forks and all.
    It's still a good runner and I'm of two minds as to whether or not to fit a good straight pair of forks that I have.
    Now to your question. The rear cylinder plug lead has been replaced at some time with a black rubber one but the front one looks original and is a very faded yellow fabric lead that does not appear to have any other colours woven into the fabric. I've looked right along the full length of the lead and in places where it has been protected from the light and dirt and grime it shows up as a yellow only fabric lead.
    I can't guarantee this is a factory lead but it's sure been on there a long time and the spark plug end sure looks like a factory one to me.
    Lets know what you think.
    Tommo

Comment

1918 plug wires

hello tommo thanks for your help the wire's on my 1917 F are yellow but they have small red and black line's on them.the 1917 that i have i got from one of are club members it is all factory but it was repainted some time ago the 1918 F that i have had black rubber wires on the magneto.so i will look for some all yellow wire.thanks again joe j.

Comment

Working...
      X