1922 JD Sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1922 JD Sidecar

I am restoring a 1922 JD with sidecar. I am in need of detailed photos of Pinstripe and Decal placement for the sidecar.

1922 sidecar

the big book says it should be brewster green and double striped in gold but no really good pictures

Comment

This I know. I just need the detailed placement of the pinstripe and decals

Comment

1922 Sidecar colour

In 1993 H.D. put out a book called "The Legend Begins" which gives a year by year account of the bike specs by printing copies of most of the factory order blanks from 1903 to 1969.
        Page 24 covers the 1922 models and has a good picture of a sidecar from which you will get the information you want.
        I'm not going to try and attach it as all previous attempts to do so have failed dismally and the one I did succeed with is of very poor quality.
        The book was only available through Harley dealers and the local dealer here still shows it priced so I presume it's still available.
        A very good reference book which I would recommend to anyone.
        I suppose there is some mistakes in it and my suggesting you get a copy will bring a heap of criticism on the forum about it but who cares it's still a very good book and even if you don't buy one try and borrow a copy and look at the pages covering your bike and sidecar.
        Hope this helps.
        Regards, Tommo

Comment

Thanks,
          But I have that book, and there is just not enough detail in the picture to do the job.

Comment

Working...
          X