Wall 'O' Death Mural progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall 'O' Death Mural progress

Progress is happening. But slowly. Yes, I really am painting this thing myself. My attempt at spruceing up the back of garage door. My idea of appropriate decor. It apparently will not fade for 80-100yrs. Artist quality acrilic paint on heavy canvas, doped with "gesso" (boiled rabbit and marble dust).

My wife asked if I could paint something that was nice. She feels we have enough hell, death and sculls in our lives. I tried to explain the carni spirt of the mural - but, she doesn't get it. Oh, well...

The 1922 ACE advert is next on the list. It's a nice beach scene.
    Attached Files

Fill in the skull thing or leave it unfinished like Botticelli and keep the peace.

Comment

Looks great! Makes me want to start one of my own. I used to do a lot of mural work when I had my paint shop. Still have the very first one I did from my old Shovel/Pan more then 20 years ago! A nice 'Frazetta' design of a Barbarian woman holding a sword in one hand and a decapitated Tiger head in the other. Yeah, Chopper, girder front end, hardtail low sissy bar and ape hangers....oops, sorry, we were talking about your art work! Are you 'freehanding' or using a mechanical enlarger to layout the basic pattern? I have a 2x3 Wall of Death poster printed by wood block/ink just like the one your recreating. It's one of the better designs I've come across. I like the Canvas idea. Great texture. Much better then poster board. When your done it'll be like the old canvasses that hung-up on the real Wall of Deaths! NICE! Let's see a pic of the ACE your thinking of painting. If you run out of room in the garage you can always hang up the Ace on your side of the bedroom! Ha! I thought about painting the side of my garage wall similiar to the old outdoor billboards once, but the owner of the building didn't share my 'Artistic Vision', damn communist! Any time you guys want to talk Painting and Motorcycle Art, I'm in!! Keep up the good work! And keep us up to date.... ..Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

AdminGuy,
        PETA is going to be all over your ass for this one!

Markz

Comment

Thanks.

A Thought- everytime I come across some trippy art work on a Tank or some dangerous lookin -chromed twisted sq iron bar chopper forks. I think to myself. This stuff should be in a chopper museum or something. AND MAN!!! I have seen some trrrrippy high THC -west coast stuff. Almost gave ME a flash back.

I think about the kazillion hours that someone spent creating the stuff. Some of it should be preserved. Hummmhuhhh..for posterity.

The "Wall 'o' Death" will be completed for upcoming swap meets. My wife just doen't want to look at it every morning. I think alot of guys will really like it. Yes, art work was from a "clip art book". I saved it about 12 yrs ago and never did anything with it. Life is short. Figured I better get on it.

I will now follow the trap line -and cut open, a steaming carcas wide enough to crawl inside... a toasty warm sleep ahead.

Cheers. -----stay away from the green beer. Drink the black -more iron. Re:17th.

Comment

I'm lovin' it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X