1914 Rudge TT for trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 Rudge TT for trade

I'd like to trade my 1914 Rudge TT for another 500cc Brit veteran bike, with_a_clutch. I'm just too old to run alongside any more

* 1914 Rudge TT
    * 500 cc I.O.E.

* Multi gearing, without clutch. Special high speed rear pulley installed, as well as the high-power camshaft
    * All original, missing only the rack over the rear fender
    * Original iron piston still in use
    * Verified by Bryan Reynolds of the Rudge Club UK as a genuine TT bike, with correct engine, frame and multi part numbers. Built 8th April 1914
    * Bike was previously part of the Geeson Bros. Museum in Linconshire.

Rudge won the TT on the Isle of Man in 1914, with a bike ridden by Cyril Pullin. His bike was almost identical to mine, but had the seat tube of the frame shortened to fit his small stature. A photo of Pullin after the TT is attached. This bike is one of the few bikes built and sold by the factory that year, but the records do not show who was the original racer or purchaser.

The bike is in running condition, with an older restoration. Paint is scuffed, nickel dulled, etc. A new drive belt has been fitted, nice leather seat cover is in place, and it has original control levers to the Senspray carb and Ruthhardt magneto. A new rear brake shoe has been purchased to replace the old oxidized one. Decent beaded edge tires are fitted.

Here is my contact info:
    Pete Young
    pete@614engineering.com
    phone 1.415.864.2194
    fax 1.415.358.4354
    Attached Files

INTERESTING! I BOUGHT THE DOUGLAS ENDEAVOUR FROM GEESON WHICH IS NOW FOR SALE OR TRADE. ATTACHED A PHOTO OF A LARGE PAINTING DONE BY WW1 ERA ARTIST GUY LIPSCOMBE. I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND IT INTERESTING. I CAN GET YOU A FULL SIZE COPY MADE IF YOU WANT BUT THE PROCESS IS A TAD PRICEY. DOES YOUR BIKE HAVE THE DROP BARS LIKE CYRIL'S? CHEERS, BARRY 1-613-273-5036

Comment

Working...
    X