When You Know Your Getting Old....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You Know Your Getting Old....

I admit that I'm known to forget things now and then. And I can live with that, so long as it ain't Mrs Dangrs Birthday....Our Anniversary, and of course Valentine's Day! The first two Mrs Dangrs 'NEVER' let's me forget and the third I can remember on my own cause I like chocolate! Okay, but I must be getting old cause I recently discovered I once owned a motorcycle I had completely forgotten! In fact I can't remember thinking of...or having a memory of this bike since..well hell..since when!? As I pulled out the old Title to a 1967 Norton P-11 while rummaging thru some papers, I had to really think about this motorcycle! Looking at the Title I seen it had a license plate number of 418WW in the space reserved for 'plate'....That sounds familiar...Hmmm.....Of course!...DAH...that's one of my old plates hanging up over my computer! Man, I'd have sworn that I bought that plate at a swap meet! Hmmm...time to check thru some photos. Well an hour later...I had some answers.....The Norton P-11 was purchased as a rolliing basket case. It had a 750cc twin motor w/ 'Combat' head in a Rickman Racing Frame, Front End and Rear Sets but no bodywork (this was 'THE CAFE RACER' frame of its day!). Boy, I wish I had that bike today! Wonder why I didn't try to put it together? ...Anyway, apparently I had a couple of other Norton's and used the parts on them...I think. Can't remember what happened to the Frame at all! Turns out I used the plate and registration on another Norton, a 1971 Commando 750 with Custom Hardtail frame, Sportster Tank, 8" over front end. All the aluminum was fully polished and I painted it a Kandy Apple Blue!( That one I remember!) One photo of this bike shows it with the 418WW plate? Which means I was running around on the 750 Commando but using the P-11's Plate, Title/Registration! Wow, I guess I never got stopped by a cop with it!...That's amazing....Ha! Sounds like I'm remembering right....FORGET IT!...I also turned up a Title for an MG Sportstcar...Now I remember the 'Green' MG, but where did I get a 'Tan' one??...And what the hell did I do with it!?.....Man I'm getting old..... ....Hrdly-Dangrs

HAAAA!!! Your not alone. I was pushing the key tag today to honk the horn too locate the car in the parking lot. Hey!!! It was a big lot.

My daughter tells me I do not have blond hair. IT'S GREY DADDY!

A friend receintly was feeling old also - so he rode his Commando coast to coast. No problems. He's getting close to 50. No biggie.

I have fond memories of cruiseing around and pulling a TON or more on a 74 combat commando. Very nice. Very stable.

Comment

Working...
    X