1911 Yale Single 4p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Yale Single 4p

I AM A PROUD OWNER OF A 1911 YALE 4P MOTORCYCLE. A GIFT FROM MY FATHER WHO IS THE SECOND OWNER. HE BOUGHT IT IN THE EARLY 40'S FOR $5.00 AND HAS HAD IT SINCE. I WOULD LIKE TO COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE KNOWLEDGE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH THIS BIKE FOR BRING IT BACK TO ORIGINAL CONDITION OR LEAVE IT AS IS.

THANX
    JIM

yale

hi i would leave it just the way it is it looks nice. joe

Comment

I would get the tire on the front so you can roll it around. I would then get it running if possible (if its not already.) But don't force the motor if it resists initial attempts to turn over. Better to get good advice before you break something! Try bringing it to a couple of AMCA shows and let some of our fellow members check it out and get some opinions. Also start putting together a good source of literature & a manual (If you can find one) Stay with repro and reprints and save your money for the bike. I'm sure one or two of our members with YALE experience will jump in soon and give you even better advise as to parts sources and engine building. Better to get all the info you can for the YALE up front before you start taking it apart. Take a lot of pictures both before, during and after. Photograph everything and every part and put it all in a folder along with all parts suppliers address and service information for same. This is what I do and I find I have everything I need at my fnger tips when I need it. Finally, I would assess the overall condition of the painted surfaces. If the original finish is primarily rusted, I would definitely refinish it, if enough of the original finish is ok, keep it that way. Its a great treasure. WOW!.... Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Reprints of lit. are avail.

Nice bike. An excellent slice of history. I'm jealous.

Comment

Leave it original if possible ....they are only original once.....

Louie

Comment

Working...
          X