Judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging

With the new judging criteria coming out where the bike has to be judged more often to move to the Winner's Circle or even a Senior, I have a thought I would like to share with other members. I have restored numerous high point motorcycles and have been involved with the judging system of the club for a number of years, but I live in a rather remote area. As a result of my location I do not get to attend as many meets as I would like to, who does. My customers usually want thier bikes as soon as they are done and they get shipped out in a timely manner. What I am leading up to is that I only get to show a bike once and get it judged by the club. My thought is this: Why not list the point status in the magazine of the judged bikes when we list them in the articles of the different meets. By doing this the members judged bikes could get proper recognition for quality of restoration, instead of just a level of award. An example of this would be listed as such:
    CLASS THREE
    John Doe 1938 Crocker Junior First 96 points

Then the owner can start riding and enjoying his machine instead of having to set it aside for the next meet to have it go through the judging criteria. The builder will also benifit because he has achieved his goal of creating a 95 point plus bike and has proper recognition for it, instead of just stating that it scored over 85 points.

Think about it and comment.
    Carl N. Olsen
Working...
X