Lets Talk Racers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Talk Racers!

While most of the AMCA members are busy restoring and bringing their motorcycles back to 'Factory Stock', I'm starting this 'New Thread' for all us 'Racers' and 'Modified' Nuts! LETS TALK HIGH PERFORMANCE!! For us HP Nuts, Hot Rodding our bike is where the Factory(s) did their best work.....selling some 'STOCK' bikes along the way to pay for all the 'REAL' motorcycles!! HA! Given the opportunity, with the bike stripped down to its frame, while others dream of that 'Factory Correct' Stocker, I start thinking 'SPEED'! Instead of figuring out what parts I need to restore or to put on, my brain's thinking.. "WHAT CAN I LEAVE OFF!" It's a disease I think. Perhaps a chemical imbalance of the brain. Some of the symptoms are the turning of one's head at an angle and the squinting of the eyes....VROOM..VROOOM sounds emitting from the mouth as we crouch over the bare frame....WOW!!...a Perpetual 9 year old lost in the fantasy!! Watch out AMCA...us 'Hot Rodders' will have our day on the Judging Fields!! Fierce competitors of 'Brand' loyalty pit against one another to see who will be 'Top Dog' on the track one day only to be beaten by another the next! And for some of us even within our own 'Brand' there is 'Hot' competition! Thus I begin this Thread. Always an admirer of the 'Big Twin' Harleys my love for its Lil' Brother the 'Sportster' has grown fanatically ever since I first kicked started that 900cc XLCH motor and looked over one of the most beautiful gas tanks ever created! But even at that moment, I knew I could make it 'Better', 'Lighter' and 'Faster'!! In my minds eye I knew how it should be 'Painted...Modified...to become the 'Best Bike'...and 'MY OWN'!!.. ...'High-Octane' Hardly-Dangrs

I'm with you on this. I'm starting to think, though, that you were one of those kids that used to chuck rocks at bees nests

Comment

So Let It Be Written....So let It Be Done..

Hey inrustwetrust, the Racing Catagory or rather the 'Competition Class' already exists in the AMCA Judging criteria so it shouldn't bring a 'Swarm of Bees' down on our heads!...BZZZZ........Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Racing Rule Book Needed

Does anyone have or know where I can find an original Rules Book for the year 1974 for Drag Bikes catagory? Could be NHRA, AMA or any other Motorcycle Racing sanctioning association. A copy from your original literature would do. Need info on various Class and Modifications that would have been applicable to my Sportster. Need to compare these stats with the current AHDRA/AMA Class Specs.... ..Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
        X