What's it worth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth??

Well, after a year and four months of work, I have finished my 1949 EL. I started with boxes of parts and used every oem part I could, bought some others, and where I couldn't, used as good of aftermarket parts as I could. My train of thought in the build was to build a bike that would look like it rolled of the dealer floor in 1949. When I inquired of my insurance agent on full coverage he said the bike would have to be photographed and "appraised". Does anyone know where or how to get an appraisal on this bike? The insurance agent suggested a Harley dealer but most dealers don't even want to talk about bikes pre Evo. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Antique Motorcycle Insurance

ajax, try going to this Antique Insurance company: www.insurancecompany.com/antimtcy.html Just fill out the information on the site and they'll quote you a price immediately! It's full coverage including theft and is based on a 'Agreed Value'. They quoted my Harley here in New Jersey where insurance is rediculously high for full coverage. I would suggest that you put a 15,000 to 20,000 'Agreed Value' on your bike. You do not need it to be appraised either. Your insurance premium is based on the 'Agreed Value' between you and the insurance company. There will be some restrictions as to use of the Motorcycle, but really you can get around that no problem. Your Antique bike will fit right in their policy no problem. The insurance is really low depending on your 'Agreed Value'. To finalize your quote you need only to call them and send them a picture or two. Put your bike down as a Stock 1949EL. Let us know how you make out. .....Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Appraisals are pointless unless given by an appropriate licensed business within your state.

Note that often there is a difference between a title-bond appraisal, and an insured for fair market value appraisal.

The titlebond appraisal requires the appraiser to be accountable under penalty of perjury.
      An insurance appraisal is anything off the cuff, because (nearly all) insurance companys will screw you to reaffirm its value after the fact anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X