50's Style visor hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50's Style visor hat

Does anyone know where I can find a new/reproduction 50's style visor cap (Brando)? I am looking for a black cloth w/ leather visor, preferably without any patch or embroidery. I have a Indian patch to put on it so the new ones I have found (Harley style, white brim, black cloth) won't work. I saw one at Waseon last summer but the guy couldn't tell me where he found it! Help!

8/4 Chauffeur Cap

I think this may be what your looking for. Brandos' hat did stand tall.

OR
    http://www.dornanuniforms.com/Detail...cfm?ID=10-1036

http://www.uniformsdepot.com/Caps.htm

Hummmm....and this interesting museum? sale. http://www.geocities.com/royjudd/index.html

Comment

I wonder if the chin straps on either of those caps is functional?

Nothing worse than a fake chin strap (Don't you hate that?)

I've used the Greek fisherman cap with good results. Tear off the embroidered decoraton front and add a functional chin strap and bingo -- close enough. Then pull on the back and side to get the desired shape.

I wasn't looking for the Brando look, but only the "right" look.

Comment

Like this?

I pulled this image from my mud race movie. c.1950. It's really something to see.
        Attached Files

Comment

The hat in the picture "da hat" is exactly what I am looking for. The chauffeur hat is close but not quite. I agree the "Brando" is a little too tall. Now if I can just find one! Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

I think this will do it. Pretty standard service uniform stuff.
            http://www.mtgparts.com/chacces.asp

Medford NJ- they are legit. I ordered and had them ship a hat to a good friend that was doing alot of driveing for me at one point. Kinda a joke gift, as he was calling himself a chauffeur. I figured he needed the hat. The quality is really good.

If it's too stiff. I would remove the stiffener stuff from behind the material.

I don't know why guys used to move the strap up top. I guess so that it would stop your head from going up to far? make the hat less deep? Someone help me here.

Comment

50s style hat on e-bay

Kurt,

This may be too late but, I was looking at e-bay tonight and remembered that someone was looking for a hat like the one I was seeing. Check out item no. 2161178493 on ebay. it is from that era. I think this is the hat you have been looking for, that is if you haven't bought one already. Just remove the sewn on patch and you have it.

Jim

Comment

Yep, that is what I am looking for, somebody got to it before me. Thanks for the reply! I'm not having the best of luck with the sources in the other replies either. The places are either out of stock or are on back-order. Oh well, I'll just keep looking! Thanks!

Comment

You probably have already seen this but check out ebay #2404861716. It is a beauty. It will probably fetch about $700.00.
                  Good Luck,
                  Doug

Comment

Did you ever find the hat you were looking for and if so where? I'm trying to find one of those Harley type that are black with a
                    white brim or a white hat with a black brim in the same style. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yes I finally found the hat I was looking for. I ended up finding a new repro black hat w/ white brim on eBay. I also found many chauffeur hats that were close (Look for Midway cap co.) Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X